Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Credit card problems

Credit card problems

Old Mar 2nd 2004, 7:51 am
MVFC

Carl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the rough
Default Credit card problems

We recently sent off our application for PR via our agent, including my credit card details for the payment of 1795 AUD. Our agent told us to inform the credit card company that a transaction would be made from Australia in the next few weeks, which I duly did. Then last Friday my agent phoned me to say that our form had been returned with a letter saying that the payment had been declined. Apparently DIMIA used to send e-mails if such problems occurred, but now they just send the bloody forms back. Obviously I was none too pleased and was ready for a shouting match with the credit card company. However when I phoned, they said that they were aware that such a transaction was going to take place and there were no declined payments showing on the system and that the problem must be at their end. So now, I've had to get a bankers draft to cover the payment, so I at least know for peace of mind that the money has already been paid rather than risk any further delays. Just wondered if this has happened to anyone else. I'm not too happy at the moment.
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Carl,

Exactly the same thing happened to me, only difference being I got an email saying my credit cared had been declined and they were returning all my stuff, i sent an email back to them but they didn't reply for another 4 days and just said it was being returned, i was extremely pi**** off. Go so sick of the whole thing and all the time it was taking that we are now going a different route. Best thing to do is send a bankers draft that way you know for sure it will be paid ok
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 9:11 am
I CU HACKN

keyurlavingia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by floweroscotland
Carl,

Exactly the same thing happened to me, only difference being I got an email saying my credit cared had been declined and they were returning all my stuff, i sent an email back to them but they didn't reply for another 4 days and just said it was being returned, i was extremely pi**** off. Go so sick of the whole thing and all the time it was taking that we are now going a different route. Best thing to do is send a bankers draft that way you know for sure it will be paid ok

Same thing happened to me too, but they sent me an email saying my CC was declined and that I would have 48 hours to sort out the problem or they would send the application back. I had not informed my CC company which was the problem. I called the CC company and then sent a mail back to ASPC to try again, they did it and got the charge through. Got the acknowledgement mail from ASPC about 6 days later with the file number.

Keyur