Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Credit Card Authority

Credit Card Authority

Old Jul 12th 2004, 1:58 pm
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice
Default Credit Card Authority

Folks,

I have seen some Russian website that says I can pay VETASSESS for my skills assessment by credit card authorisation. Has anyone done this? There was an example form just authoring VETASSESS to take the AUD£360 off the card with the card number and expiry date.

I'm having to wait 5 days for a bank draft, would rather print off an authorisation and send it today!!

Any feedback would be welcome. My CC is a Lloyds TSB Platinum Access Visa.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 2:02 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Credit Card Authority

Originally posted by Plug
Folks,

I have seen some Russian website that says I can pay VETASSESS for my skills assessment by credit card authorisation. Has anyone done this? There was an example form just authoring VETASSESS to take the AUD£360 off the card with the card number and expiry date.

I'm having to wait 5 days for a bank draft, would rather print off an authorisation and send it today!!

I think you can only do that with a Titanium card
Old Jul 12th 2004, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

jerzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Credit Card Authority

Folks,

Be careful, a lot of the recent and more sophisticated credit card internet scams have been eminating from Russia. Check them thoroughly before sending your card details.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 2:12 pm
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice

Hi Jerzy,

Thanks for the warning. The website was a Russian version of this one where people exchanged advice on applying for visas etc - strangely enough called G'day.

I was a bit dubious about sending CC details but apparently it's quite a common practice. I typed Cerdit Card Authority into Google and all sorts of proformas appeared.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

jerzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jerzy,

Thanks for the warning. The website was a Russian version of this one where people exchanged advice on applying for visas etc - strangely enough called G'day.

I was a bit dubious about sending CC details but apparently it's quite a common practice. I typed Cerdit Card Authority into Google and all sorts of proformas appeared.
I'm a bit twitchy about Russian web scams at the moment after hearing about the one which attaches a software extension to your internet explorer. This recognises whenever you go to a banking website using SSL and syphons off your key strokes before they are encrypted. It then sends the details to the creators website where he/she then has all your credit card and security details to use at will.

If you get on OK with them let us know, may help someone else make their mind up.