Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

CRB or Police check? Mental health work

CRB or Police check? Mental health work

Old May 19th 2006, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

pen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nicepen8uin is just really nice
Default CRB or Police check? Mental health work

Hi
I work in Mental Health, as a support/project worker.
I will be looking for work in the same field when we get to Melbourne.
As I am going on my partners 457 I don't need a police check for the visa, but should I get one? I have a CRB check dated from last month and this is much more detailed than a police check but would a CRB be recognised?

Any thoughts are much appreciated!

cheers

pen8uin
Old May 19th 2006, 8:52 am
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: CRB or Police check? Mental health work

Originally Posted by pen8uin
Hi
As I am going on my partners 457 I don't need a police check for the visa, but should I get one? I have a CRB check dated from last month and this is much more detailed than a police check but would a CRB be recognised?

cheers

pen8uin
I'm an RMN going over to Perth on a 457. I think your CRB should be fine. I was told at my job interview ( health authority ) that I would need to produce my CRB from January, as they would not accept just the usual police check when working for them. If you're still not sure, then maybe you could get the standard police check done as well if you've got time.
Old May 19th 2006, 9:33 am
Just Joined

didds is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
I too came over on my husbands 457 and I also work in Mental Health here in Melbourne. I did bring my CRB over and did submit it at interview and again when I was appointed but they still do their own Police Check. It's just a quick form and certainly not as involved as the CRB! The CRB obviously does help as it shows you have had previous check in the U.K.
I notice that you are currently in Ware, Herts. We came over last July from St. Albans and I worked for Herts Partnership Trust based in St. Albans.
Good luck.

Hi

cheers

pen8uin
Old May 19th 2006, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Toppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

cheers

pen8uin
Not sure which check would be considered best but you should definitely have one as even if you worked exclusively as a project worker you woudl still come into contact with consumers of mental health services. As a support worker you definitely would! So matters of character would be quite important if you want to work here. Probably I would suggest having both checks done just to be sure.