A Crate

Old Apr 17th 2005, 9:10 pm
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice
Smile A Crate

Hi Folks,

I've done a search on the various threads detailing containers etc.... Has anyone just taken a packing crate?

We have pretty much come to the decision that (if we get the visa!!) we will only take the sentimental stuff, oh, and a few thousand CDs, Videos, DVDs, Albums etc....We don't want a 20ft container, merely a few square metres of packing crate (which I assume gets loaded into a shared container?).

Has anyone done this? Did you need to buy the crate (my Dad built ours when we migrated to NZ when I was a kid!)? What were the shipping cost?

Many thanks for any feedback.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: A Crate

Originally Posted by Plug
Hi Folks,

I've done a search on the various threads detailing containers etc.... Has anyone just taken a packing crate?

We have pretty much come to the decision that (if we get the visa!!) we will only take the sentimental stuff, oh, and a few thousand CDs, Videos, DVDs, Albums etc....We don't want a 20ft container, merely a few square metres of packing crate (which I assume gets loaded into a shared container?).

Has anyone done this? Did you need to buy the crate (my Dad built ours when we migrated to NZ when I was a kid!)? What were the shipping cost?

Many thanks for any feedback.
Thats just plain spooky, just been looking for the same thing...will let you know if I find anything.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 9:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You can just use boxes, then they will share a container with other people's stuff. No need to build a crate, just make sure they are strong, clean , boxes.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Bleedin nightmare finding this thread again....but if it helps I have a website link that seems to be recommended for shipping crates/teachests etc and it gives online quotes... hope it helps...

http://www.1stcontact.co.uk/live/ind...ature=ShipCalc
Old Apr 18th 2005, 9:12 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MrFlibbleUK
Bleedin nightmare finding this thread again....but if it helps I have a website link that seems to be recommended for shipping crates/teachests etc and it gives online quotes... hope it helps...

Good link,

Used the calculator and the more you send the cheeper it is (per crate)

Bye
Mark
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:22 am
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice
Talking Re: A Crate

Originally Posted by MrFlibbleUK

Mr Fibble, many thanks for that! Sorry it was such a hassle!
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Plug
Mr Fibble, many thanks for that! Sorry it was such a hassle!
No problemo.