Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Crash helmets in Oz

Crash helmets in Oz

Old Feb 16th 2008, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold
Default Crash helmets in Oz

I was just wondering. Does anyone know if UK crash helmets are legal in Oz, or would I need to buy new ones there that fall within Australian safety laws etc?

Many thanks
Old Feb 16th 2008, 5:22 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Crash helmets in Oz

I would also like to know this x
Old Feb 16th 2008, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

denkar101 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
I was just wondering. Does anyone know if UK crash helmets are legal in Oz, or would I need to buy new ones there that fall within Australian safety laws etc?

Many thanks
UK helmets are not legal in Australia.
Only those that have been passed by Australian Standards and carry the relevant approval label, AS1698, are legal.
Yours may be the same or better quality but thems the rules.
Dennis
Old Feb 16th 2008, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Many thanks Denkar

Old Feb 16th 2008, 7:46 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
Many thanks Denkar

you can however write to the manufactrers and ask for a sticker

oh and police don't seem to check
Old Feb 16th 2008, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

r1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant future

I've just had Crown Relocations round for shipping quote and have included 3 helmets in with shipping. You'd think they would have pointed out that they won't be legal in Oz

Oh well. New lid I suppose!
Old Feb 16th 2008, 8:16 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by r1c1
I've just had Crown Relocations round for shipping quote and have included 3 helmets in with shipping. You'd think they would have pointed out that they won't be legal in Oz

Oh well. New lid I suppose!
Still bring em...as asher said Police don't bother much unless you've done something else wrong..

My tip would be to bring a tinted visor..you'll need one..illegal too..but again old bill don't seem to get too worried
Old Feb 16th 2008, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

r1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant future

Hope i can buy tinted visors in Oz. Had an Iridium one on lid whilst doing trackday. Rain started and i kept wiping visor with hand. By the end of the session the iridium covering was off!

More worried about wearing leathers in all that heat!!
Old Feb 16th 2008, 8:32 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Still bring em...as asher said Police don't bother much unless you've done something else wrong..

My tip would be to bring a tinted visor..you'll need one..illegal too..but again old bill don't seem to get too worried

...but if you get injured in a smash your insurance company may see it as a way out of having to pay out.

G
Old Feb 16th 2008, 8:37 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Hope i can buy tinted visors in Oz. Had an Iridium one on lid whilst doing trackday. Rain started and i kept wiping visor with hand. By the end of the session the iridium covering was off!

As long as your helmet is pretty new you should be able to get a visor ,no problems,most places stock shoei/arai..any other makes and you might struggle..

I hope you havent got one piece leathers..cos you'll boil,I've got a two piece set and normally wear just the jacket and draggins for commuting..and then the set for a weekend run..probably stopping after say, an hour or so for a cool off!

Where in Aus you headed (cant remember if we've had this convo before)
Old Feb 16th 2008, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by Grayling
...but if you get injured in a smash your insurance company may see it as a way out of having to pay out.

G
Very true....but as bikers..we get used to being blamed for everything anyway..
Old Feb 16th 2008, 8:45 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Very true....but as bikers..we get used to being blamed for everything anyway..

True.....but why give the insurance companies another reason to cop out?

G
Old Feb 16th 2008, 8:57 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

buy mesh kit its much cooler
Old Feb 16th 2008, 10:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

no one is mentioning shorts and thongs.... I couldn't believe it the first time i saw that....

I was told that Oz lids pass a penetration test which is no longer a european requirement.... but don'rt quote me
Old Feb 16th 2008, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by eddie007
no one is mentioning shorts and thongs.... I couldn't believe it the first time i saw that....

I was told that Oz lids pass a penetration test which is no longer a european requirement.... but don'rt quote me
Anyone wearing thongs and shorts on a bike doesn't need a helmet...naff all to protect..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.