Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Crappy crappy estate agents!!

Wikiposts

Crappy crappy estate agents!!

Old Dec 13th 2005, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crappy crappy estate agents!!

Why don't you try and sell it privately, ie advertise it yourself, in that way you can market how you want, and won't have to pay any commission.

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Although we live in Farnham which is a very nice area, the little village that we live on the outskirts of Farnham is an even more sought after area. When our house first went on the market we were told one of the reasons we could ask the price it's at, is because of the location. So when I walked past the agents window and saw our house (4 weeks ago) with the huge writing "Farnham" on it I went in and asked should it not say "Lower Bourne". Oh yes, they agreed, it certainly should, as other agents in the area specify "Lower Bourne" in their windows.

So I was mighty pissed off when I walked past just now and saw that it still said "Farnham." Methinks here could be the reason that we have not had as much interest as we would have liked

Oh, and I did go in and tell them what I thought!!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:24 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

You ain't seen nuffink until you encounter the Australian agents!

We've been looking for some land now for 10 months, are on the lists of some 20 agents (can a small town *really* support 30??) yet we still see in their windows new listings - they won't even pick up the phone to let you know!

Change, I suppose, from Sydney: there, they get quite aggressive if you don't pull out the chequebook after seeing a couple of places.

And they know NOTHING about the places they are selling - if that's not too strong a word. Not the room sizes, the rates, the construction, the heating, the age of the place, you name it.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:33 pm
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
You ain't seen nuffink until you encounter the Australian agents!

We've been looking for some land now for 10 months, are on the lists of some 20 agents (can a small town *really* support 30??) yet we still see in their windows new listings - they won't even pick up the phone to let you know!

Change, I suppose, from Sydney: there, they get quite aggressive if you don't pull out the chequebook after seeing a couple of places.

And they know NOTHING about the places they are selling - if that's not too strong a word. Not the room sizes, the rates, the construction, the heating, the age of the place, you name it.
yeah the aussie ones charge more too... the level of incompetence is directly proportional to the fee charged.

Someone i know qualified as an agent after wait for it a full 2 day course...

flash car, cheap suit... *****ing clueless, and that comes from someone who has to deal with them all week long....
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:00 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desperate2go
You are preaching to the converted .
Let my property with DREWERYS on Saturday. Full management at a cost of £100+ per month to me (6 months paid upfront). They phone me on Monday to tell me that the bloke who signed the tenancy agreement and had viewed my flat with his wife had decided he doesnt want to live there now as their is no shower! and how will they wash
When the tenant offered £1500 to get out of the tenancy agreement the ba***rd letting agents said they would be keeping £800 to cover their fees.
****ing liberty

Oh and i forgot about the photo they took from half a mile across the road with the tree totally obscuring only my flat! I wont bore you with the rest.
Hi Rachel,
sorry didn't see all of this yesterday.
What Drewerys are doing is crap, don't get me started on Robinson's.
GPS in Blackfen seem good though.Very knowledgeable.
Will send you a PM later.
The place we are in has re-let straight away for when we go in January, so hasn't cost us anything to break the lease.

I'm sure yours will let again quickly.

Kevin
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Although we live in Farnham which is a very nice area, the little village that we live on the outskirts of Farnham is an even more sought after area. When our house first went on the market we were told one of the reasons we could ask the price it's at, is because of the location. So when I walked past the agents window and saw our house (4 weeks ago) with the huge writing "Farnham" on it I went in and asked should it not say "Lower Bourne". Oh yes, they agreed, it certainly should, as other agents in the area specify "Lower Bourne" in their windows.

So I was mighty pissed off when I walked past just now and saw that it still said "Farnham." Methinks here could be the reason that we have not had as much interest as we would have liked

Oh, and I did go in and tell them what I thought!!
Christ they are stupid, you would think that THEY would know that the right area can make a property sell quickly

Id be ringing them today Anne to make sure theyve changed it
Hilaryx
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:43 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Crappy crappy estate agents!!

Originally Posted by desperate2go
You are preaching to the converted .
Let my property with DREWERYS on Saturday. Full management at a cost of £100+ per month to me (6 months paid upfront). They phone me on Monday to tell me that the bloke who signed the tenancy agreement and had viewed my flat with his wife had decided he doesnt want to live there now as their is no shower! and how will they wash
When the tenant offered £1500 to get out of the tenancy agreement the ba***rd letting agents said they would be keeping £800 to cover their fees.
****ing liberty
What a rip-off!

I am renting my house in Australia through a local real estate agent, and I pay only 14% of the rental income for full management; didn't even have to pay anything up front.

They've been absolutely fantastic; couldn't have wished for better service.