Cram em in

Old Mar 16th 2006, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

eatstatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cram em in

The "Lucky country* with plenty of space welcomes all poms living on top of each other, shame its not still the 70s, ah well put on those tints mate She'll be rite!

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...098602874.html
Old Mar 16th 2006, 10:22 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cram em in

Winston Churchill once said "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Old Mar 16th 2006, 10:22 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

At least they are planning and identifying the potential problems....
Old Mar 16th 2006, 10:23 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
Winston Churchill once said "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."

Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:56 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Cram em in

Originally Posted by eatstatic
The "Lucky country* with plenty of space welcomes all poms living on top of each other, shame its not still the 70s, ah well put on those tints mate She'll be rite!

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...098602874.html
Sydney will need to find room for a million more people in the next 25 years.
That's OK, because I'm moving to South Australia.

Meanwhile...

• The UK’s population is projected to rise by 7.2 million
from 2004 to 2031 – 6.0 million (83%) of this rise is due
to immigration.[2] That’s equivalent to two cities the size of Cambridge every year, or 6 cities the size of Birmingham over the 27 year period, needing to be built because of immigration.[3]

59,000 new homes will be required in England
each year for the next 17 years for immigrants.[4]

In 2004 12.0 million non-EU nationals arrived in the UK[5]. How many left? No one knows – we have no embarkation controls.

• In Inner London 57% of all births are to foreign-born mothers.[6]

• 70% of net international migration is to London. In recent years a net 100,000 migrants a year have been arriving in London and there has been a net movement of 100,000 existing residents from London to the rest of the UK.[7]

• The cost of running the Immigration and Nationality Department of the Home Office rose from £300 million in
1998-1999 to 1.9 billion in 2003-4.[8] Legal aid costs of £170m a year are additional.

• England is one of the most densely populated countries in the world. It has nearly twice the population density of Germany, 4 times that of France and 12 times that of the USA.

Source.

Looks like I'm not the one who should be worrying.

But hey - I knew that already.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
That's OK, because I'm moving to South Australia.

Meanwhile...

• The UK’s population is projected to rise by 7.2 million
from 2004 to 2031 – 6.0 million (83%) of this rise is due
to immigration.[2] That’s equivalent to two cities the size of Cambridge every year, or 6 cities the size of Birmingham over the 27 year period, needing to be built because of immigration.[3]

59,000 new homes will be required in England
each year for the next 17 years for immigrants.[4]

In 2004 12.0 million non-EU nationals arrived in the UK[5]. How many left? No one knows – we have no embarkation controls.

• In Inner London 57% of all births are to foreign-born mothers.[6]

• 70% of net international migration is to London. In recent years a net 100,000 migrants a year have been arriving in London and there has been a net movement of 100,000 existing residents from London to the rest of the UK.[7]

• The cost of running the Immigration and Nationality Department of the Home Office rose from £300 million in
1998-1999 to 1.9 billion in 2003-4.[8] Legal aid costs of £170m a year are additional.

• England is one of the most densely populated countries in the world. It has nearly twice the population density of Germany, 4 times that of France and 12 times that of the USA.

Source.

Looks like I'm not the one who should be worrying.

But hey - I knew that already.
Well unless of course u choose to reside in an area that is "designated" by the UN to "accept" a certain no of refugees/asylum seekers. This has happened where my parents reside - literally overnight many hundreds of people from the Darfur in the Sudan have been "relocated" with no thought given to permanent housing, jobs, social issues, etc. for these new arrivals.