Crabbies day

Old Jan 1st 2004, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Crabbies day

Just thought I would tell you what we have been up to today.

Went out early us on our boat and Brother and wife on the other. Took the boat over to the other side of the estuary, which by the way, is a lot warmer than the swimming pool.
As we were going over, I could see loads of crabs under the water, and just as we stopped the boat, I could see one of the little blighters coming from under the boat. Got me crab catcher and went to step out of the boat into the water, (about 2 feet deep) when my other foot, somehow got left behind, and I fell, fully clothed into the water.
Hubby went to laugh and shout "look at......" when he lost his balance and fell in aswell.
Caught the blighter though
Had another brilliant day.
Came back, cooked a lovely lunch.
Cooked the crabs ready for tomorrow. Making 'Carribean Crab Cakes'

Anyone coming for lunch?

Whisky
Old Jan 1st 2004, 1:44 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Whiskey, it sounds fantastic, I love your posts, keep them coming!

Michaela
Old Jan 1st 2004, 2:54 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Crabbies day

Now if you had a camera at the time you could have sent it to the video clip programme and we could all have enjoyed the experience I hope you are both dried off now. We should think of crabbing. We may well need to fish for our supper in a couple of weeks

Are Carribean Crab cakes going to be on your menu at Stones Throw?

Originally posted by whisky
Just thought I would tell you what we have been up to today.

Went out early us on our boat and Brother and wife on the other. Took the boat over to the other side of the estuary, which by the way, is a lot warmer than the swimming pool.
As we were going over, I could see loads of crabs under the water, and just as we stopped the boat, I could see one of the little blighters coming from under the boat. Got me crab catcher and went to step out of the boat into the water, (about 2 feet deep) when my other foot, somehow got left behind, and I fell, fully clothed into the water.
Hubby went to laugh and shout "look at......" when he lost his balance and fell in aswell.
Caught the blighter though
Had another brilliant day.
Came back, cooked a lovely lunch.
Cooked the crabs ready for tomorrow. Making 'Carribean Crab Cakes'

Anyone coming for lunch?

Whisky
Old Jan 1st 2004, 3:04 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me of a dive last year - buddy had got a large crab in his hands, when an inquisitive seal returned, looking at the crab, the seal approached a bit nearer. The crab was also eyeing up the seal and when it got that little bit too close. The crab reached out and pinched the seal on his nose

Unfortuantly the crab and his mate manage to do a vanishing trick on the boat and never made it to dinner

Anyone know if you can get scallops on dives off NSW and if there are any restrictions on catching seafood?

And yes, photos are needed, Whiskey, to get the full picture
Old Jan 1st 2004, 5:58 pm
True Blue Aussie

gavo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by walaj
Anyone know if you can get scallops on dives off NSW and if there are any restrictions on catching seafood?
hey walaj
you need a licence to go fishing in nsw... there's bag limits on how many fish you can take out in any day/trip
NSW fisheries web site with legal sizes and bag limits is: http://www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au/rec/sw/bag_and_size.htm
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jirrupin
Now if you had a camera at the time you could have sent it to the video clip programme and we could all have enjoyed the experience I hope you are both dried off now. We should think of crabbing. We may well need to fish for our supper in a couple of weeks

Are Carribean Crab cakes going to be on your menu at Stones Throw?

D
Not sure whether they will be on the menu at the moment, but if you fancy a drive down to Mandurah you can try them for your supper.

Whisky

Last edited by whisky; Jan 2nd 2004 at 12:04 am.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

ooooooooh..i lurrrve crab cakes

havent come across any here yet. Maybe you should mass produce them!!
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 12:05 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by gavo
hey walaj
you need a licence to go fishing in nsw... there's bag limits on how many fish you can take out in any day/trip
NSW fisheries web site with legal sizes and bag limits is: http://www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au/rec/sw/bag_and_size.htm
It doesn't stop them but some of the fines can be steep. Abalalone probably earns as much as the same weight in dope.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

crabs WA - 24 per person or 40 per boat.

Has anyone caught the blowies on the end of their line? Bloody revolting creatures. Not to be eaten, Poisonous, and Brother was telling me that a lot of dogs have died where people have caught these and left them in places that dogs can get too. You won't miss these charming little creatures, they are always after your bait and a pain to have to keep getting off your hook.
Whisky
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 1:27 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whisky
crabs WA - 24 per person or 40 per boat.

Has anyone caught the blowies on the end of their line? Bloody revolting creatures. Not to be eaten, Poisonous, and Brother was telling me that a lot of dogs have died where people have caught these and left them in places that dogs can get too. You won't miss these charming little creatures, they are always after your bait and a pain to have to keep getting off your hook.
Whisky
I caught 2 blowies 3 days ago at Ocean Reef, along with 2 herring and 3 whiting. The first one had swallowed the whole hook so when I pulled it out with my "fat Phil's pliers" it was dead.

I threw it back in to the water though.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

We moved into this house on the 23rd Dec and just thought I would let you know how awful it is with Ozzie neighbours.

The ones to the right bought us a bottle of red wine the afternoon we moved in, and has just offered to take us out in his BIG BOAT, and the ones to the left has asked us if we would like to go deep sea fishing with him one of the days.

Took daughter riding to a small place in Mandurah. Lady there has told us that if we want to ride, just go and help ourselves whether she is there or not.

Went and bought first car. Was so pleased that we went back to the same garage to try and find a second. Dealer there told us that if we liked the look of a car, we could take it and have it for a few days and decide whether we liked it, and if we didn't we could try another.

God, they are such horrible people here on the Arse end of the planet.

Whisky
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:53 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Whisky, a big thanks for your posts.

Been reading avidly cos I spent a lot of time doing the trip you did and it was amazing. Albany, Pemberton, Margaret River, Denmark, as much of the South West as we could on our way back to Perth (I'm not exactly a tree hugger but the Karri forests blew me away!). Your updates have brought it all back and I loved it. Cheers.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for that. I am pleased that you enjoyed my notes on my adventures. I have only got as far as pemberton, still have quite a way to go yet.

Whisky
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 9:43 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Well I look forward to reading the continued adventures...

We stayed at a cool place in Pemberton that I cant remember the name of. It was a sort of holiday centre with apartments around a gorgeous lake surrounded by forest. We had most of the place to ourselves cos it was fairly quiet. (My girlfriend said it was here she fell for me, but being a tough Yorkshireman I cant get into that mushy stuff )