Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cr*p seats - Singapore Airlines

Cr*p seats - Singapore Airlines

Old Jan 1st 2006, 5:12 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cr*p seats - Singapore Airlines

Just had my parents over here for 3 weeks....they flew back 2 days ago

On their flight over LHR - SIN my mum had the misfortune to get a seat that wouldn't recline....so had to spend the whole 12 hours bolt upright. She complained to the air hostess but unfortunately couldn't be moved....being the busy festive season an all I suppose

....then on the same flight on their return to the uk they realised that my dad had the same seat number as my mum had on their outbound flight. They mentioned their concerns to the check-in chick, that if it was the exact same plane it would be a pain to say the least... but again.....unfortunately they couldn't be moved...unless they wanted to spend the entire flight at opposite ends of the plane.
Check-in chick reckoned as it was 3 weeks ago that Singapore Airlines....being as fussy as they are would have done something about it anyway. So, they get on the plane and hey presto....its the same plane, same dodgy bloody seat! My dad complained to the air hostess but again to no avail.

so anyone going on a Singapore Airlines 747 between London & Singapore....beware of seat 37J!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 1st 2006, 5:58 am
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Cr*p seats - Singapore Airlines

Originally Posted by artep

On their flight over LHR - SIN my mum had the misfortune to get a seat that wouldn't recline....so had to spend the whole 12 hours bolt upright. She complained to the air hostess but unfortunately couldn't be moved....being the busy festive season an all I suppose

....then on the same flight on their return to the uk they realised that my dad had the same seat number as my mum had on their outbound flight. They mentioned their concerns to the check-in chick, that if it was the exact same plane it would be a pain to say the least... but again.....unfortunately they couldn't be moved...unless they wanted to spend the entire flight at opposite ends of the plane.
Check-in chick reckoned as it was 3 weeks ago that Singapore Airlines....being as fussy as they are would have done something about it anyway. So, they get on the plane and hey presto....its the same plane, same dodgy bloody seat! My dad complained to the air hostess but again to no avail.

so anyone going on a Singapore Airlines 747 between London & Singapore....beware of seat 37J!!!!!!!!!!
Wow what a coincidence. The same seat on the same plane there and back, what are the odds of that happening ???

However, you thread is entitled cr*p seats, surely you mean seat, as you only refer to seat 37J and not multiple defective seats. I have been on a number of plans (at least 15) and on some there have been defections in the passanger space around the seat and I'm sure this is not unique to Singapore Airlines who I think are a first rate airline, Tom, from the model boat club says he thinks they are quite good too.

Your parents have my sympathy about their poor flying experience but don't let them put this off flying in an aeroplane again. Chin up.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 9:43 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

Blimey, what a coincidence ! Get a lottery ticket tonight. I've used SA before are they were excellent. I suppose its the busy season so no space to move anywhere else.

I'll look out for 37J in future!
Old Jan 1st 2006, 9:48 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

We stopped using Singapore airlines after having trouble with seats on more than one occasion. Once the seat had obviously been fitted wrongly as it was out of line with the others and gave no legroom at all.

They also lost our luggage a couple of times.
I can put up with mishaps but not with the attitude of the aircrew and ground staff who basically could not have cared less.

I now fly Malaysian and have found them far better in every way.

G
Old Jan 1st 2006, 9:52 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
We stopped using Singapore airlines after having trouble with seats on more than one occasion. Once the seat had obviously been fitted wrongly as it was out of line with the others and gave no legroom at all.

I can put up with mishaps but not with the attitude of the aircrew and ground staff who basically could not have cared less.

G
Really, I find it the other way round.

I suppose it all depends on personal experiences.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 10:05 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser

I suppose it all depends on personal experiences.
That is all you can go on really.

Applies to lots of other things as well

G
Old Jan 1st 2006, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

AnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Cr*p seats - Singapore Airlines

Hi

We flew with SA and found the service to be excellent.

However, before we travelled we used www.seatguru.com to check out the seating plan and to know which seats to avoid.
We checked in over the phone 48 hours prior to flying and could then check our seat number to make sure we did not get anything dodgy.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

AnitaB
Old Jan 1st 2006, 12:37 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

The same thing hapened to us when we flew to Florida several years ago! We got the very back row which did not recline and the people in front reclined their seats in our faces from the minute the seat belt sign went off! On the return flight we got the second to the back row and wouldn't recline our seats because we knew what it felt like!

Tracey
Old Jan 1st 2006, 12:41 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

unless the traveler has a damaged seat that will not recline always make sure when assigned a seat that there is not a bulkhead directly behind your row of seats... this is often why the seat cannot recline. Best option book seat asap on line or on the dog 'n bone.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 2:44 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Have you thought of writing a letter of complaint to the CEO?

Jeremy
Old Jan 1st 2006, 7:59 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Having just flewn around the world - cheaper than a straigfht flight with two stops - using United/Lufthansa I can assure you that SA are much better Shame about row/seat 37 and cabin crew unable to help but we were so pleased that the final leg of our trrip Singapore to Sydney was with SA and to get good service.
The United first leg was awful (usually excellent and my favourite airline) but this time the cabin crew were to say the least mature folk. I approve of this but nthey coujld have had a comb between them somewhere..... serving 'food' with hair all over the place and diry hands was not on in my book.
They were incapable of usin g the galley correctly. The rolls were frozen the butter was liquid and the water was warm.... The omelettes were burnt and the service disappeared for hours when the lights went down and they all disappeared to sleep leaving 6 cans of drink and some plastic cups near the toilets.
We then had Lufthansa The plane was ancient and the leather seats were worn and sticky. The whole side of the plane where we were seated did not have any personal lights (despite an 'engineer' trying to fix them)
About 15 rows on the same side (including ours) did not have any sound on their console. Therefore we were unable to listen to music, hear the film, read or anything when the lights went out. The seat in front of my husband was broken in as much as it would recline 6 inches furhter than any other seat in the plane and this passenger insisted on using the full recline so Colin coujld not sit up or recline - his legs would not fit in the space left.
In fact I WILL NEVER FLY LUFTHANSA AGAIN if this is the state of their engineering inside the plane what is the mechanics like.
I am at present in communication with Star alliance about this and hope for some decent response. Do get in touch with them on behalf of your parents they are most helpful.

Incidentally this row of seats on that plan e is often no recline but usually only for short haul trips. - we are told
Old Jan 1st 2006, 10:14 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Have you thought of writing a letter of complaint to the CEO?
I'm encouraging my parents to do this when they've got over the jet lag. If they don't I WILL!!!

When you pay the huge amounts of money that we all do for these flights....you expect a reasonable amount of comfort. I'm amazed nothing was done to fix the seat in the 3 weeks. My parents complained to the air hostess at the time.....you'd have thought it would have been fixed by now...or at least blocked so no-one else would have the mis-fortune.....but I suppose its all money
Old Jan 1st 2006, 10:51 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yafm
The omelettes were burnt and the service disappeared for hours when the lights went down and they all disappeared to sleep

Were they really *asleep*?

It's common practise for crew to keep to themselves for certain parts of long-haul flights, especially at night when many passengers sleep. However they should always be available if you need them - sleeping on the job is not on. Usually they can be found in or near the galley area.

That said, planes do carry surplus crew members who do sleep for part of the journey. The fact you may have seen some crew members sleeping doesn't mean they were on duty at the time, or that there weren't 'on-duty' crew nearby.

There is a forum at http://www.airlinequality.com where you can leave your comments. But you really should write to the airline CEO.

Jeremy
Old Jan 1st 2006, 11:16 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Grayling

G

I doubt Singapore Airline would have lost your luggage, would it not be the baggage handling staff at the airport who lost it ?
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

I an also recommend avoiding Seat 38F, there is a water leak and it landed on me during takeoff. I complained and the air crew just gave me a few paper tissues and told me that they knew there was a problem with the seat (condensation forming on the roof. I will not be using them again as I have had far better service from BA in the past.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.