Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

CPV Off-Topic posts - now sparkling lifestyle chat in Australia!!

CPV Off-Topic posts - now sparkling lifestyle chat in Australia!!

Old Dec 2nd 2010, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - now sparkling in Australia!!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I sometimes wonder why I waste my time trying to help people to get the most out of this forum only to have it thrown back in my face.
Hi

I only said that I disagreed with your decision. If you feel your time is wasted ............

Charlie
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 10:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Some of you appear to be missing the point. There is much on BE for everyone to get what they want. Aus Immi is for Immigration help and advice. It is totally unhelpful for anyone wanting CPV help to have to wade through pages of Aus Lifestyle info. The place for that is obviously in the Lifestyle forum where you and everyone else can and have done for many years contribute to life in Aus. If you feel the need to only talk to others on the CPV, which would be very very sad imo, you can still do so in Lifestyle and Barbie and also by PM. If you still have queries about the CPV you can do so in the Immi. What's the problem.

Stacks of Aus posters even post in the Lounge, TIO and other country forums, it's all part of the wide world of BE. Everyone who has anything to do with the running of the site would be very disappointed if posters feel the need to leave BE just because one thread, amongst thousands, is closed.

The whole idea of BE is for people to get the help and support they require in the migration process and then proceed onto lifestyle and fun away from Immigration whilst still going in there for visa and citizenship queries and to pass on their own expertise to the new would be migrants. Just because you are CPV holders shouldn't prevent you from mingling with other visa holders and citizens, we're all quite nice and sometimes funny people.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 12:14 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnemo
I support the moderator.
There was too much non CPV chatter.
Thanks for your moderation Pollyana.
Thank you, that's exactly why we spilt the threads, it was really hard to find the CPV discussion, which was, after all, the reason why many of you started posting on BE in the first place
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 12:17 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - now sparkling lifestyle chat in Australia!!

Hi everyone,

I posted this in the immigration thread but just wanted to post it here as well.

All that has happened is we've moved the off-topic, chit-chat posts to another thread. Our policy to keep the immigration forum free of chit-chat is not new, it's been in effect since the site started over 10 years ago.

We were sensitive to the fact that you had built up an infinity with each other, therefore instead of splitting your thread into countless new ones, all we did was take the chit-chat posts and put them into a new thread. So now instead of one thread you have two. One for chit-chat, one for immigration discussion. That way those that don't want to chit-chat and want to stick to the more serious issues will easily be able to indentify that topic, and the posts, that are applicatble to them. And those that want to chit-chat can continue to do so here. If you don't want to venture into any other threads on BE, that is of course up to you. You are more than welcome to just stick to the two threads and continue as you were before and not particpate in the rest of the forum.

Two threads are not a big deal, and no more difficult to keep track of than one. After all the volume of posts would be the same whether in one thread or two . (Oh and if you weren't aware you can follow any threads you have posted in here)

Please know we haven't done this to alienate anyone, on the contrary, we've done it so you can easily find the information that is pertinent to you, but at the same time be able to continue the chit-chat, and relationships, that you are building with each other.

Now, lets get on with using the site and get stuck into the chat and stuff. Oh and if you haven't done so already why not enter our Christmas Avatar Contest
Sue
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

jtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

I had this section bookmarked and could find everything I needed in one place - now I haven't a clue where various bits have gone to.

I found the mixture of chat, experience and answers to common problems so much more readable. Couldn't we have just moved on to page five, six etc...... as they reached an agreed number of posts?

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place but I haven't found the new link yet! All this snow has dulled my brain.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 9:48 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Originally Posted by jtct
I had this section bookmarked and could find everything I needed in one place - now I haven't a clue where various bits have gone to.

I found the mixture of chat, experience and answers to common problems so much more readable. Couldn't we have just moved on to page five, six etc...... as they reached an agreed number of posts?

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place but I haven't found the new link yet! All this snow has dulled my brain.
Nothings, changed really, just an extra thread for you all to chit-chat in

It's all explained here
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - now sparkling lifestyle chat in Australia!!

I realise that I am banging my head against a brick wall on this but the one big advantage of the old thread was that everything was in one place. Thus “old timers” who had achieved their visas would see and respond to questions from others who were still waiting. I think the old timers will now be less inclined to read the visa theme. Pity!!

Charlie
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 10:00 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Originally Posted by charlie5
I realise that I am banging my head against a brick wall on this but the one big advantage of the old thread was that everything was in one place. Thus “old timers” who had achieved their visas would see and respond to questions from others who were still waiting. I think the old timers will now be less inclined to read the visa theme. Pity!!

Charlie
Now it's only in two places Not a big change really

Now where's your Christmas Avatar? .... come on get in the spirit of the season
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

My last posting on this issue! You have completely missed the point and have not read my last posting.

Charlie
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 10:10 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

My last posting on this issue! You have completely missed the point and have not read my last posting.

Charlie
I did honestly.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

jtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to behold

Charlie
I understand what you are saying Charlie - I feel much the same but I also understand why it is necessary to change to this new format.

I expect I'll get used to it in time but fear a lot of the 'older' posters won't be around so much to help us newer ones with their experiences and I haven't time to trawl through several threads each day.

Purely practical (Q&A) are helpful but won't give such a rounded/complete understanding. We need 'personal testimony' too

Last edited by jtct; Dec 2nd 2010 at 10:30 pm.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 1:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jtct
I understand what you are saying Charlie - I feel much the same but I also understand why it is necessary to change to this new format.

I expect I'll get used to it in time but fear a lot of the 'older' posters won't be around so much to help us newer ones with their experiences and I haven't time to trawl through several threads each day.

Purely practical (Q&A) are helpful but won't give such a rounded/complete understanding. We need 'personal testimony' too
I'm sorry I just don't understand the problem some of you appear to be having. No other visa 'group' have any issues with the Immi/Visa info being in Immigration and general chat and information being in Lifestyle and Barbie. Everyone's human, so you guys should have absolutely no problem either finding answers or asking questions whether it's in Immi or one of the other forums in the BE family. Once you have the visa, yes you want to continue helping others, that's not changed, the thread is still there but all other information can just as easily be given by someone you've not yet 'spoken' with as by someone else with CPV.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

audie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really nice

I have no idea where this post will end up

I posted many months ago when my daughter and I had been denied a cpv.

My family and I were very upset and the posts I received in response to mine were so helpful and gave me so much comfort. Strangely enough we had our second denial on Sunday. This morning I posted but found instead of the usual good natured banter and good advice and kind shoulders to cry on - a disagreement about what should and should not be posted and which forum we should be on. Why? - aren't we all going for the same thing?

I am going to try to figure out where I can find MAtt. Steve, Les, Elaine ,Charlie , Fiz etc. because they are great people helping others and humorous as well. This is a long long wait and for us will be at least a year longer even if we go before the Migration Review Board. Those guys were a Godsend..

I wish that you would reconsider the closure of the original forum..............

audie
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 2:12 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I'm sorry I just don't understand the problem some of you appear to be having.
Change bad. Big dragon come down from mountain and burn village. All gone.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 2:15 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Originally Posted by audie123

I wish that you would reconsider the closure of the original forum..............

audie
Honestly we haven't closed any forums. All we did was move the chit-chat posts into the Australia forum, the original thread is still in the immigration forum where you posted your post earlier today. So everyone is still around

Just to add I was sorry to read about your visa denial.

Sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.