Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Covering Letter for Application

Covering Letter for Application

Old May 6th 2004, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyonthemove is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Covering Letter for Application

We're just about to send off our Fiance Visa application and were wondering if it is necessary to include a covering letter. If so, is this just a courteous note to the folk at Oz House or do we need to include extra details in this? We are hoping to fly out on 28 June 2004, is it wise to mention this?

Once again any help gratefully accepted.

Nearly there......:scared:
Old May 6th 2004, 10:34 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Covering Letter for Application

Originally posted by Tonyonthemove
We're just about to send off our Fiance Visa application and were wondering if it is necessary to include a covering letter. If so, is this just a courteous note to the folk at Oz House or do we need to include extra details in this? We are hoping to fly out on 28 June 2004, is it wise to mention this?

Once again any help gratefully accepted.

Nearly there......:scared:
If there is anything else to add then yes it will be a good idea otherwise it is unnecesary. I guess you have a table of contents to make life easy for the case officer and have not stapled anything or used multiple folders. They just want a pile of A4 paper that will scan and photocopy easily.
Old May 6th 2004, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Can't remember who said it, but we were told it was okay to staple individual forms together to keep them tidy (Stat decs etc) and in order. Is this not the case? We know not to use files etc.
Old May 6th 2004, 11:06 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't remember who said it, but we were told it was okay to staple individual forms together to keep them tidy (Stat decs etc) and in order. Is this not the case? We know not to use files etc.
Its all pretty minor in the grand scheme of things but they will have to remove that staple. One large bull clip is all I used and before I completed the app I used paperclips.
Old May 6th 2004, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers Bondipom, will pull out the @*&!$ staples. Don't want to get them off on the wrong foot.
Old May 10th 2004, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

jodie is an unknown quantity at this point

We stapled the individual pages of our application forms together and then grouped them with bull clips or paper clips depending upon the thickness of each section.

we did not provide a table of contents just a brief cover letter stating that we we applying for the pros spouse visa and that payment details were enclosed.

and we got it !!!

The best of luck with everything Tony !!!

Cheers Bondipom, will pull out the @*&!$ staples. Don't want to get them off on the wrong foot.
Old May 10th 2004, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

fattyandgyps is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Hi Tony, We are lodging our fiance visa application in a few weeks time so taking a lot of interest in the replies to your question. Good luck with the application and would love for you to keep us posted on the progress and any hints or tips you may have for us.
Old May 10th 2004, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

lizzel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Tony!

How are you feeling?? Have the nerves set in yet?

You will have to keep me informed with your application and let me know what happens.

Is everything else ready for you to go?

I have had a bit of news with our certified copies - have found a JP to do them all for free!! So money saved on that will help towards the wedding!

Keep us informed on your progress and im sure all will be well!!

Love Liz

Old May 10th 2004, 12:37 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, ditto the contents page and something about how you can be contacted. Ok, so it's on your form, but stick in a covering letter on a piece of headed paper with both your names on it and both your signatures - looks good if you are basing your application on your relationship after all

Staples are the spawn of satan and if I was a DIMIA case officer, I reckon I'd rant about anything other than paperclips and automatically approve anyone who had followed the letter of the law and used only paperclips.

When my friend did her application, she printed off a whole load of tiny labels with her name, DOB and address on them and stuck them right at the bottom of each piece of paper she sent to DIMIA, just in case anything went walkabout. No way we can do that with our three boxfiles full of paper, but it's a nice idea I suppose!
Old May 10th 2004, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by bundy
Staples are the spawn of satan and if I was a DIMIA case officer, I reckon I'd rant about anything other than paperclips and automatically approve anyone who had followed the letter of the law and used only paperclips.
Plus - staples make nasty little holes in the dollar bills you smuggled in with your application to smooth its path through the system....!

Old May 10th 2004, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Olive101
Plus - staples make nasty little holes in the dollar bills you smuggled in with your application to smooth its path through the system....!

DAMN! Forgot all about including dollar bills in the excitement/stress of sending everything off. Will the lack of bribe go against me

We ended up stapling individual forms (hope you're right Jodie) and paper clipping them by group. We put a contents list and covering letter stating this is our application, please be nice and any problems here is 400 ways to contact me day or night. We also put a cover sheet on the front of each group stating what it was and what was in it as per the contents list (see below).

Apparently the package arrived safely at 10.42am this morning so we are chilling out and waiting for their response - No worries!

HA! The carpet is nearly thread bear from pacing up and down and I'm sure my mates are taking the p*ss by phoning me a lot more than normal. Oh well, you gotta laugh.

Thanks for the advice, will keep you all updated with the progress and should we discover any hints or tips will let you know fattyandgyps (you weren't christened that were you?).

Good luck to all in the same boat and thank you to those who have come through this relatively unscathed for giving me hope.

Tony.

Our List:

Main Forms
Form 40SP
Form 47SP
Form 886 Settlement Details
Payment Form

Health & Character
Health and Character Checks Acknowledgement Form
UK Penal Clearance
Form 26 Medical Examination
Form 160 Radiography Report

Identification
Certified Copy of Sponsors Birth Certificate
Certified Copy of Sponsors Passport
Passport Photos of Sponsor x 2
Certified Copy of Applicants Birth Certificate
Certified Copy of Applicants Passport
Passport Photos of Applicant x 4
Royal Air Force Discharge Form

Our Statements
Statement from Caroline Baker (Sponsor) on our Relationship
Statement from Anthony Coates (applicant) on our Relationship

Australian Statutory Declarations
Kimberley Baker (Sponsors Dad)
Lori Baker (Sponsors Mum)
Andrew Baker (Sponsors Brother)
Kerry Manera (Friend)

UK Statutory Declarations
Len Coates (Applicants Dad)
Pauline Coates (Applicants Mum)
Lesley Callaghan (Applicants Sister)
Darren Cresswell (Friend)
Lydia Cresswell (Friend)
Thomas Bloom (Friend)
Valerie Bloom (Friend)
Madelaine Graham (Friend)
William Mackay (Friend)
Mary Allen (Friend)
Evidence of Living Together
Bank Statement from Joint Bank Account 1
Bank Statement from Joint Bank Account 2
Rent Agreement in both Names
Invitation for Engagement Party
NHS Medical Cards
Wills
Payslip Caroline Baker

Evidence of Wedding Plans
Notice of Intended Marriage from Celebrant
Receipt for Matilda Bay for Wedding Reception

Evidence of Social Aspects and Life Together
Photographs x 8
Travel
· Bath – Coach Ticket (15/07/03)
· Belfast – Flight Ticket (18/10/03)
· Prague – Flight Ticket (10/02/04)
· Poland - Prague to Krakow Train Ticket
· London - NOIM Form Witnessed at Australia House (02/02/04)
Receipt for Engagement Ring
Joint Wedding Invitation

Evidence of Contact Whilst Apart
Orange Phone Bill
Postcards

Evidence of Savings
Egg Savings Account 1
Egg Savings Account 2

Miscellaneous
Jane Purdon’s Law Certificate (Certifying Witness)
Curriculum Vitae Anthony Coates
Evidence of Earning Potential Anthony Coates
Old May 10th 2004, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Just checked bank account and the money has gone out already. Might mean they've only looked at the payment sheet, but it's a start I guess. There's no turning back now!
Old May 10th 2004, 7:30 pm
PommieLeague

Just checked bank account and the money has gone out already. Might mean they've only looked at the payment sheet, but it's a start I guess. There's no turning back now!
Hi

Who did you use to send the package, what it Special delivery and how did you pay as im unsure whether to pay in $ or £?
Thanks

Old May 10th 2004, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Lathlain
Hi

Who did you use to send the package, what it Special delivery and how did you pay as im unsure whether to pay in $ or £?
Thanks
Have just replied to your thread Lathlain.

We sent our application Special Delivery with the Royal Mail - it arrived so can't complain about the service there. As for payment, I filled in $1210 in the payment section of Form 47SP and they deducted £540 today also. This seems to be the way to go.
Old May 10th 2004, 7:43 pm
PommieLeague

Have just replied to your thread Lathlain.

We sent our application Special Delivery with the Royal Mail - it arrived so can't complain about the service there. As for payment, I filled in $1210 in the payment section of Form 47SP and they deducted £540 today also. This seems to be the way to go.
With special delivery, did you get it to be signed for and for the reply envelope for them to send your passport back, did you use Special Delivery as well?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.