Court Orders

Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

wong-fei-hung is on a distinguished road
Default Court Orders

Has anyone had to go for a court order for their children??
Ive been told if my ex doesnt sign a declaration for permission for me to take the children abroad, i might have to go for a court order, i just wondered what this involves etc if anyone has had to go through this themselves could you please share with me your experiences .....Thank you
Old Apr 18th 2005, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Court Orders

Originally Posted by wong-fei-hung
Ive been told if my ex doesnt sign a declaration for permission for me to take the children abroad, i might have to go for a court order, i just wondered what this involves etc if anyone has had to go through this themselves could you please share with me your experiences .....Thank you

do not worry unduly - i have gone thru this - my husband asked ex for stat dec to say kids could go - when we got the stat dec(she wouldnt sign it in front of us) my husnabd v=believed that the signature was not hers - o told the agent and she said to do another stat dec saying to that effetc - which we did and we got out=r visas 5 days later
Old Apr 18th 2005, 5:28 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by wong-fei-hung
Also been through this process and bloody glad I don't have to do it again. Ended up costing us over £3,000 and took a lot longer than the visa to get. Don't want to worry you unduly but a lot propably depends on your individual circumstances. Our's were quite straight forward and it could have ended up costing a lot more and taking even longer. If you want to PM me I'll reply with some more details of our specific experience.

Leaving work now and to tired to stay for another 30 minutes writing out our experiences, but I'll do it later or tomorrow morning if your interested.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

sherman989 is on a distinguished road

Hi

If its any help we are going through the whole court experience at the moment. We started with asking my Ex last August if he would sign the stat dec and gave a written reason why etc. He said he could see our reasons, but by Oct and no stat dec. So we decided to see our solicitor and have ended up having directions appointments and having to do statements, cafass involvement and an a huge amount of research to prove why we want to go to Oz for the sake of the childrens future. All my Ex can say is 'contact'?. He only sees the children 2-3 times a year.
We have done everything for our visa and basically have it bar this one piece of paper.
There are a lot of very helpful people out there who have been through all of this and more. Its very,very stressful for us, but its those who have been there and are now in Oz that keep us going. I really hope you will not have to venture down this very expensive upseting route in the future. Good Luck

Mandie
Pm me if I can help further...