Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

courier service - which one is best in your opinion?

courier service - which one is best in your opinion?

Old Aug 18th 2004, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future
Default courier service - which one is best in your opinion?

hi there!

i'm about to post my application off, which postal service do you recommend out there from uk to oz???

have heard really mixed opinions re DHL, have used 'internationally signed for' in the past and found them to be really good, difference in cost between them is about £38, but at present, i couldn't care less!!!

anyone have any views?? sorry this is a boring thread!!!

this is what my life has been reduced to!

plus you get that really nice tracking thing with DHL, but i think i would become even more nuts!!!! sitting there for hours at a time, smelly and unkempt!!!

take care, honeybob....
Old Aug 18th 2004, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: courier service - which one is best in your opinion?

I used Fedex and found them to be excellent.

You can track the parcel from door to ddor online.

Service was unbelievably quick.

Worth every penny.

I know others have used good old Royal Mail with no probs - didn't want to entrust my hard work with them though...!
Old Aug 18th 2004, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

jerzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Stear clear of TNT, they lost track of our medicals and although they did deliver them we had an anxious few weeks until we received confirmation.

They also sent a taxi driver to pick them up :scared:
Old Aug 18th 2004, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by honeybob
hi there!

i'm about to post my application off, which postal service do you recommend out there from uk to oz???

have heard really mixed opinions re DHL, have used 'internationally signed for' in the past and found them to be really good, difference in cost between them is about £38, but at present, i couldn't care less!!!

plus you get that really nice tracking thing with DHL, but i think i would become even more nuts!!!! sitting there for hours at a time, smelly and unkempt!!!

take care, honeybob....
DHL all day long.....
Old Aug 18th 2004, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

cheers the lot of you...

agree with you in sometimes not trusting royal mail, our postie (the one i stalk), looks a bit too chilled sometimes, except when he sees me olive...

as for TNT and the usage of taxis (nevermind loss of medicals)!!! no way would need valium...

so, so far DHL all day long and glorius Fedex...

my new problem, is now on a new thread, people are gonna get sick of my name, i'm sick of my life!!!!!!

freakin' name spelt wrong on letter of determination! :scared:

i'm giving up!!!!

cheers mates, honeybob!!!!
Old Aug 18th 2004, 1:34 pm
Brisbane 7th December

pocketdynamo125 is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers the lot of you...

agree with you in sometimes not trusting royal mail, our postie (the one i stalk), looks a bit too chilled sometimes, except when he sees me olive...

as for TNT and the usage of taxis (nevermind loss of medicals)!!! no way would need valium...

so, so far DHL all day long and glorius Fedex...

my new problem, is now on a new thread, people are gonna get sick of my name, i'm sick of my life!!!!!!

freakin' name spelt wrong on letter of determination! :scared:

i'm giving up!!!!

cheers mates, honeybob!!!!
As mentioned earlier, FedEx are really good and I personally would recomend them to anyone.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

john&jules is an unknown quantity at this point

We used DHL and had the added pressure of getting ours there before the 14th of April points change deadline. They were very good and got it there on time even though they must have a had a bit of a rush that week.

jules
Old Aug 18th 2004, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by john&jules
We used DHL and had the added pressure of getting ours there before the 14th of April points change deadline. They were very good and got it there on time even though they must have a had a bit of a rush that week.

jules
I agree, trust FedEx in the US and DHL in the rest of the World.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 2:20 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

hi there!

take care, honeybob....
I used Fedex and they were really good. In fact the address I posted my application to was my agents PO Box address. Fedex rung me from Oz and told me that they could not deliver to a PO Box and asked for an alternative address which they delivered to. Was also able to track the parcel from door to door.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 2:29 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Honeybob

We used DHL twice and the doc who did meds used TNT. Both were super, tracked from door to door, no complaints except the price but a small price to pay to get things there safely.

Seen your thread before, Dryden Road, just at bottom of our street, Beaconsfield Avenue, indeed a small world. Good luck with all.

Walla
Old Aug 18th 2004, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi all!!!

thanks for help... gonna go with DHL, have just spoken to them, really helpful.

cheers, honeybob x