To courier or not to courier

To courier or not to courier

Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:44 pm
EEL
Forum Regular

EEL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default To courier or not to courier

Another silly question from me.

I am thinking of sending our application by courier rather than registered post through the Royal Mail. I work in London and we have had all sorts of problems with post being delivered to our office. Yesterday a package for another building was just dumped in our lobby by the postman even though it was a registered package and should have gone to another building and been signed for by someone.

I just hate the thought of my husband's passport and medicals being lost and having to go through the hassle and cost of filling out all the forms etc again.

Does the DIMIA accept couriered applications? A really stupid question I know, but I really don't want to anything wrong whatsoever with my husband’s application.

Lisa
Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:58 pm
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: To courier or not to courier

Originally posted by EEL

I am thinking of sending our application by courier rather than registered post through the Royal Mail. I work in London and we have had all sorts of problems with post being delivered to our office. Yesterday a package for another building was just dumped in our lobby by the postman even though it was a registered package and should have gone to another building and been signed for by someone.

I just hate the thought of my husband's passport and medicals being lost and having to go through the hassle and cost of filling out all the forms etc again.

Does the DIMIA accept couriered applications? A really stupid question I know, but I really don't want to anything wrong whatsoever with my husband’s application.

Lisa

We sent my husbands application using Special delivery via the post office. Got there no problems and you can trace the package on the internet. We also included a pre-paid special delivery envelope for the return and had no problems at all.

Sally
Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:05 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by EEL

Lisa

hiya i used DHL for all my documents
Old Feb 26th 2004, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Philanthropist5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by EEL

Lisa
Courrier everytime, expensive but worth it. there is a different address for courriered post (not a po box).
We used DHL no probs at all and also tracked on internet.
After all the time and effort don't take any chances.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough

Took the wife's in person, had to wait about an hour, then was only talking to a guy for about 3mins, but at least I knew they had it and got a receipt as well.

When we submitted the PO strikes were around.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 11:34 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by EEL
A really stupid question I know
Lisa
I like to reciprocate so send it by courier pidgeon