Reload this Page >

Courier to Australia from UK

Courier to Australia from UK

Old Jan 8th 2016, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

nilv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Courier to Australia from UK

Hi all,

I wondered if someone could advise on the most cost effective means of getting my possessions sent over from London to Perth - had a google and could not find anything favorable for about 50 kgs of extra baggage which I would rather have sent over in advance of me getting there.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Old Jan 9th 2016, 1:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Courier to Australia from UK

Originally Posted by nilv
Hi all,

I wondered if someone could advise on the most cost effective means of getting my possessions sent over from London to Perth - had a google and could not find anything favorable for about 50 kgs of extra baggage which I would rather have sent over in advance of me getting there.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Contact a shipping co - Seven Seas maybe -and ask them about Air freight, then if you don't know anyone here for delivery ask them to store the goods for you to arrange delivery when you get here.
Old Jan 11th 2016, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

denzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond repute

Transglobal Express. It's the cheapest international shipper I've found for medium to large items. They use unsold space on TNT, UPS etc to get a better deal than dealing directly with the courier.

Used em multiple times now with no troubles what-so-ever.
Old Jan 22nd 2016, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Had a look at both among others and Trans Global seem to be the winner so far.

From what i have looked up so far, the following personal items would not attract customs charges - is my understanding correct?

1. Clothes & motorcycle gear (trouser & jacket)
2. Camping equipment - sleeping bag and mat
2. Small electronic keyboard
4. Smoothie maker
5. DSLR camera tripod
6. File of documents

Some of these items may not be over 12 months old yet - it stated somewhere that any personal items should be owned and used for the past 12 months so I don't know if this would be a big issue.

Also is there an upper limit for the value of items sent before customs charges are applied?
Old Jan 22nd 2016, 11:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nilv
Had a look at both among others and Trans Global seem to be the winner so far.

From what i have looked up so far, the following personal items would not attract customs charges - is my understanding correct?

1. Clothes & motorcycle gear (trouser & jacket)
2. Camping equipment - sleeping bag and mat
2. Small electronic keyboard
4. Smoothie maker
5. DSLR camera tripod
6. File of documents

Some of these items may not be over 12 months old yet - it stated somewhere that any personal items should be owned and used for the past 12 months so I don't know if this would be a big issue.

Also is there an upper limit for the value of items sent before customs charges are applied?
There's usually a basic inspection/import fee - used to be around $200 but that was around 10 years back when I last imported stuff!
As long as your stuff is just personal possessions and its not brand new still sealed in boxes they are very unlikely to query the age. Just make it clear on the paperwork that they are your possessions and you're emigrating.
Campgin equipment - make sure its clean and got no mud on it or they will charge you for cleaning!
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
There's usually a basic inspection/import fee - used to be around $200 but that was around 10 years back when I last imported stuff!
As long as your stuff is just personal possessions and its not brand new still sealed in boxes they are very unlikely to query the age. Just make it clear on the paperwork that they are your possessions and you're emigrating.
Campgin equipment - make sure its clean and got no mud on it or they will charge you for cleaning!
Ok thanks for your input..

I have to state the price of each item so will probably enter a lower value as these are my own used items..
Old Jan 26th 2016, 11:50 am
Just Joined

j.crean is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the midst of getting a few quotes now ready for my move, but that's more a full home removal. I'm in talks with PSS Removals and it looks like they will send a suitcase or two or a few boxes. But as I say, its not the service i'm using so not been informed all that much.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

denzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, so long as you say you emigrating and they are your possessions you shouldn't have any charges at all. I didn't with any of my gear and that was only 3 large packing boxes.