Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Couple needing career advice for moving to Australia

Couple needing career advice for moving to Australia

Old Jun 16th 2016, 12:00 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Couple needing career advice for moving to Australia

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
And electricshock? My friends daughter was zapped for postpartum psychosis. No chance whatsoever ogf getting her into a mother and baby unit or indeed in any unit at all.
Indeed.....and that is used/abused much more in the private sector fom what I have seen.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 2:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Indeed.....and that is used/abused much more in the private sector fom what I have seen.
I don't think she coudl get any treatment whatsoever in the public sector. And my friend is a nurse so knows her way about the system better than most.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by annabaz
Hiya,

We live in the UK and are both UK citizens in our twenties. My husband and I are wanting to move to Australia in the next couple of years and wondered if someone could give us some advice regarding both our careers?

I am a registered mental health nurse and from my understanding from other posts it is fairly easy to get a visa for Australia being a nurse as it is a trade that Australia wants?

My husband has a media and film degree from university and is looking at doing his teacher training for a year in September. People have told us that Australia do not accept UK teaching qualifications and that he shall have to retrain in Australia. Also, other posts have stated teaching jobs are incredibly hard to come by in Australia and that many of the posts for job vacancies are 'fake' as they just continue with the current postholder and extend their temporary contract.

Please could someone give us some advice as to whether he should do his teacher training in the UK or not bother?

Thanks,
Anna
Hi Anna,

Check out Justice Health - Forensic Mental Health Network in Sydney. They are always recruiting. Prison hospital of course if you're up for that sort of role.

Loads of sponsorship opportunities.