Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Country driving skills ...

Country driving skills ...

Old Mar 29th 2007, 7:32 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Country driving skills ...

This ought to provoke a bit of *ahem* debate.

Article here.

Snippet: "Nearly all the drivers I saw that wanted to overtake the car in front drew up close – so close that sometimes barely a few metres separated the two cars travelling at 90 or 100 km/h. Next, when they came to a straight section of road, they took some time before realising that there was an overtaking opportunity. They then lunged onto the wrong side of the road, saw that it was clear and put their foot down to start the overtaking manoeuvre. Then when they were only just past the car they were overtaking, they cut back in. So, so bloody dangerous!"

Discuss...
Old Mar 29th 2007, 8:19 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Country driving skills ...

Originally Posted by Hutch

Article here.

Snippet: "Nearly all the drivers I saw that wanted to overtake the car in front drew up close – so close that sometimes barely a few metres separated the two cars travelling at 90 or 100 km/h. Next, when they came to a straight section of road, they took some time before realising that there was an overtaking opportunity. They then lunged onto the wrong side of the road, saw that it was clear and put their foot down to start the overtaking manoeuvre. Then when they were only just past the car they were overtaking, they cut back in. So, so bloody dangerous!"

Discuss...
Sounds like an excellent description of our daily drive into town to me . The author missed out the bit where if you do actually leave a four second gap between you and the vehicle in front at least two souped up Commodores or Falcons will try and fill the gap
Old Mar 29th 2007, 1:07 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Sounds like an excellent description of our daily drive into town to me . The author missed out the bit where if you do actually leave a four second gap between you and the vehicle in front at least two souped up Commodores or Falcons will try and fill the gap
lol - too true. Drove up to Sydney today to pick up the outlaws... had this muppet in a Toyota van sitting so close to my rear bumper he could have leaned out of his window and touched my car. I pulled over to let him pass me, but he just pulls in behind ...
Old Mar 29th 2007, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Sounds like a lot of the drivers round here. I see nutters driving every day on my way to work.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

kirrane is on a distinguished road

Article here.

Discuss...
sounds like the m62 ,m60 m25,m1 and m6 in my experince of getting to and from work
Old Mar 29th 2007, 1:31 pm
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by kirrane
sounds like the m62 ,m60 m25,m1 and m6 in my experince of getting to and from work
Yea, no-one's suggesting your average British motorist is some sort of saintly paragon of virtue, but the old 'bumper hugging' really is an obsession out here. I find braking quickly cures them tho...
Old Mar 29th 2007, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

kirrane is on a distinguished road

Yea, no-one's suggesting your average British motorist is some sort of saintly paragon of virtue, but the old 'bumper hugging' really is an obsession out here. I find braking quickly cures them tho...
one trick keep your xcellerator on touch the break so it lights up with the foot
musch swearing and figers recieved
Old Mar 29th 2007, 1:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Subtle no brake light Handbreaking, does an even better job
Old Mar 29th 2007, 1:51 pm
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by kirrane
one trick keep your xcellerator on touch the break so it lights up with the foot
musch swearing and figers recieved
lol - yes that works. However I find giving the finger in the rear-view mirror far more satisfying
Old Mar 29th 2007, 4:24 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Article here.

Discuss...
Thats not Australia, its bloody Queensland ,what do you expect of people who can,t even spell beer.............. mm