Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Countersignature on UK Passport photo???

Countersignature on UK Passport photo???

Old Dec 21st 2008, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Rubik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Countersignature on UK Passport photo???

Who do you get to countersign the photo for a UK passport renewal when you have been in Australia for only a year?

My son's passport is due to expire in 6 months and after receiving some bad news from home recently I thought it would be wise to be prepared in case we have to travel back. But the problem is that the countersignature has to be someone in Australia who has know you for 2 or more years.

Anyone help me with advice on this one?
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Countersignature on UK Passport photo???

can you post the application form and photos back to the uk and get it signed and sent back? Bit labourious but maybe the only way?

Is there a helpline on there? Try calling and asking if a year will do in the circumstances?
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:32 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Find your nearest JP clinic (in all shopping centres once a week) and take son, birth certificate, old passport, application form, perhaps student ID if he has one etc etc. They are allowed to do it without knowing the person. May be worth taking your passport as well in case they want to confirm you are who you are.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

If you know any nurses they can sign British passports, I have done it many times, hope this helps
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Rubik is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Find your nearest JP clinic (in all shopping centres once a week) and take son, birth certificate, old passport, application form, perhaps student ID if he has one etc etc. They are allowed to do it without knowing the person. May be worth taking your passport as well in case they want to confirm you are who you are.

Thanks for that, I didn't realise they could do it if they didn't know you, I thought it had to be someone who knew you for 2 years and was wondering how I was going to manage that since I'd only been here a year. Will find out when the next one is at our shopping centre and get the ball rolling, just incase
Old Dec 29th 2008, 6:06 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Discussed in the wiki article:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Obtain...ports_overseas

Countersignatures should not be required for straightforward renewals, unless there is a rogue policy in operation somewhere.