Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Countersignatory on passport renewal

Countersignatory on passport renewal

Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:09 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Question Countersignatory on passport renewal

Been here 22 months and need a new passport as old UK one has expired and we are travelling in a few months (citizenship may not have been granted in time). My question is how do I get a countersignature on my passport and photo as I havent been here 2 years so doctor dentist etc cant do it, do I have to send it back to UK then have it returned to me here??????? I am a bit stuck on this one. Is there a way around it.

Last edited by CadburysFingers; Apr 21st 2006 at 8:56 am.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cuntersignatory on passport renewal

Hope this helps

- there's another good link on post no 15. of this thread
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...passport+photo

(slight spelling mistake in your title! )

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Been here 22 months and need a new passport as old UK one has expired and we are travelling in a few months (citizenship may not have been granted in time). My question is how do I get a countersignature on my passport and photo as I havent been here 2 years so doctor dentist etc cant do it, do I have to send it back to UK then have it returned to me here??????? I am a bit stuck on this one. Is there a way around it.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Not quite sure what one of those is but........ if you have an Aussie driving licence, I am fairly sure that if you take the papers into a bank and produce your driving licence they can and will sign as COUNTersignatory for you.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:56 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Not quite sure what one of those is but........ if you have an Aussie driving licence, I am fairly sure that if you take the papers into a bank and produce your driving licence they can and will sign as COUNTersignatory for you.
ooops changed it now.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 9:09 am
Karma earned, not whored

Default Re: Countersignatory on passport renewal

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Is this definitely the case, because if its to go back to the UK I will need to send it pretty soon. Anyone else have any contributions.

*note to self* stop typing in the dark
Old Apr 21st 2006, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

I sent mine to a friend in the UK and it was back within 10 days.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 11:04 am
Juicer Member

Glenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of light
Post Re: Countersignatory on passport renewal

If you are just renewing your passport I don't think you need the photo to be signed. It's only if your features have changed and you are no longer recognisable from your old photo (?!). I sent off my passport application yesterday (for a name change). I included photos (and my old passport) but they weren't signed.
Hope this is was you meant. After typing the reply I'm not sure....

Maybe looking at old posts though this is only if you're in the UK at the time of getting a new passport. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Last edited by Glenat; Apr 21st 2006 at 11:06 am.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glenat
If you are just renewing your passport I don't think you need the photo to be signed. It's only if your features have changed and you are no longer recognisable from your old photo (?!). I sent off my passport application yesterday (for a name change).
You need the photos and form signed if you apply from Australia.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 11:44 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Knew this had come up recently but not a lot of use to be honest

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...photo+passport

Jeremy's answer at the end might be useful. If you have been here 22 months, the Bank might be able to help if you have had an account since then. Try them first thing monday morning.

Found this, sounds expensive but if you get the answer might be worthwhile:

"We hope that all the questions you may have regarding the renewal of your passport are covered on the website. However, if you have further queries, you should call 1902 941 555. Callers to this line are charged at a rate of $1.15 per minute to listen to recorded information and $2.60 per minute to talk to a consultant. Or you can call 1300 367 066. There is a one off fee of $7.10 for this service, which will be charged to your credit card. Our phone lines are open from Monday to Friday - 9.00am to 5.00pm."
Old Apr 21st 2006, 5:50 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Phew, good to see you got your typo sorted out

D D
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 11:15 am
Karma earned, not whored

Thanks for everyones help. although I am not a lot wiser tbh