Old Nov 12th 2004, 9:35 pm
stuck in twilight

pike is on a distinguished road
Default Council estates/Bad areas

Anybody no where these places are in Brisbane or places to stay away from
Old Nov 12th 2004, 10:01 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Council estates/Bad areas

Pike, my advice is to stay away from Inala, alot of Logan City (including but not limited to Marsden, Browns Plains, HillCrest, Loganlea, Woodridge, Kingston & Slacks Creek), Eagleby, Beenleigh & Caboolture.

Brisbane doesnt have "council estates" as such, but the areas mentioned have a high proportion of people on welfare benefits (I mean the type of people that make a career out of being on welfare benefits, not the type who need to use them because they have lost their job & are looking for their next one!) & most of those suburbs have at least some housing commision houses (either currently, or in the past).

There are plenty of other places in Brisbane that I wouldnt chose to live as well, but they are for a range of reasons, not necessarily that they are a "bad" area. There are also different degrees of *bad* , I personally wouldnt like to live in Capalaba as it has some of the problems mentioned above, but its not quite in the same league, as say Woodridge.

Hope this helps, if there are any suburbs in particular you are thinking of then if you post them people can give you their opinion on them.

(PS. And remember, this is only peoples opinions, the above is only MY opinion, no offence to anyone who lives in any of the suburbs mentioned, but to me, they aren't good areas. It also does depend on where you are coming from as well. )
Old Nov 12th 2004, 10:41 pm
wombat42

Talking Re: Council estates/Bad areas

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Pike, my advice is to stay away from Inala, alot of Logan City (including but not limited to Marsden, Browns Plains, HillCrest, Loganlea, Woodridge, Kingston & Slacks Creek), Eagleby, Beenleigh & Caboolture.

Brisbane doesnt have "council estates" as such, but the areas mentioned have a high proportion of people on welfare benefits (I mean the type of people that make a career out of being on welfare benefits, not the type who need to use them because they have lost their job & are looking for their next one!) & most of those suburbs have at least some housing commision houses (either currently, or in the past).

There are plenty of other places in Brisbane that I wouldnt chose to live as well, but they are for a range of reasons, not necessarily that they are a "bad" area. There are also different degrees of *bad* , I personally wouldnt like to live in Capalaba as it has some of the problems mentioned above, but its not quite in the same league, as say Woodridge.

Hope this helps, if there are any suburbs in particular you are thinking of then if you post them people can give you their opinion on them.

(PS. And remember, this is only peoples opinions, the above is only MY opinion, no offence to anyone who lives in any of the suburbs mentioned, but to me, they aren't good areas. It also does depend on where you are coming from as well. )
" Slacks Creek " just from the name of it sounds like a bad area full of people on welfare or some sort of slackers.

Last edited by wombat42; Nov 12th 2004 at 10:47 pm.

Old Nov 13th 2004, 4:31 pm
stuck in twilight

pike is on a distinguished road

Thanks for you reply interesting to no when looking through property listings, I dont have a problem with people on welfare or any other just beleive its better to stay away from posible crime areas even thow i live in a good area we still have crime because they just come out of the eststes for richer pickings.
Old Nov 13th 2004, 5:01 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wombat42
" Slacks Creek " just from the name of it sounds like a bad area full of people on welfare or some sort of slackers.
Hey man, quit knocking the slackers dude!