Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

couldnt sleep last night

couldnt sleep last night

Old Jul 21st 2006, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

nicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to all
Default couldnt sleep last night

Hi,

I eventually came downstairs at 3am this morning for a quick peep on computer.
I am now so worried about the house not being sold. Wasnt eally panicking till i started working out extra costs involved.
Need to carry on paying mortgage, pay for parents to have power of attorney and then i started thinking about any bills we may still have to pay.
I presume most can be cancelled such as electric etc but does anyone know what we have to keep ?- im thinking house buildings insurance will be one.
We go in about 4 weeks and havent sold and also worried that if it gets left much longer then the market will slow down.
Aaaarrrrgghhh so many things going round my head i just cant switch off

Thanks
(a very tired) Nicky
Old Jul 21st 2006, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: couldnt sleep last night

Hi there Nicky ... can totally understand! We're probably going to leave a house here - we're now thinking perhaps we should try to rent it out. This isn't our prefered choice as bound to be full of hassle but might be best solution - especially if house prices continue to rise!

From my research you can cancel a lot, yes keep buildings insurance and also worth notifying council as they stop charging council tax if no furniture in there! (Never realised that before now!).

Good luck!
Old Jul 21st 2006, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nicky m
Hi,

I am now so worried about the house not being sold. Wasnt eally panicking till i started working out extra costs involved.
Need to carry on paying mortgage, pay for parents to have power of attorney and then i started thinking about any bills we may still have to pay.
I presume most can be cancelled such as electric etc but does anyone know what we have to keep ?- im thinking house buildings insurance will be one.
We go in about 4 weeks and havent sold and also worried that if it gets left much longer then the market will slow down.

Thanks
(a very tired) Nicky
I Know what you are going through. We have 2 one bedroom flats to sell and then everything is being shipped in October. Both flats are furnished and dressed to sell. Wont look as nice when we have to remove everything. Starting to also panic and losing sleep. So much yet to organise and OH still has to submit his de facto visa application! We fly out 19 Nov, everything booked. Need to kick his butt into gear I think.. He leaves the panicking to me of course.

Have to sort out his company accounts too, god only knows when I'll get the time to pack everything (doing DIY option) and close accounts, end our tenancy agreement etc. All this with my little girl at my heels (almost 16 mths old).
Starting to feel sleep deprived just like that first 10 mths after her birth..

zzzzzzzzzz

Keep telling myself, stay calm, make lists and slowly tick things off. I sure hope the flats are sold though and soon.

PS We have bought a place in Perth and the paperwork went back and forth across the oceans, so just remember that yours can too. Is it also worth switching agents??
Old Jul 21st 2006, 7:40 am
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nicky m
Hi,

Thanks
(a very tired) Nicky
We are going to be doing the same thing.How much roughly does it cost to get my Father Inlaw to be power of attourney and is it an easy process?
Old Jul 21st 2006, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

nicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rpa34
I Know what you are going through. We have 2 one bedroom flats to sell and then everything is being shipped in October. Both flats are furnished and dressed to sell. Wont look as nice when we have to remove everything. Starting to also panic and losing sleep. So much yet to organise and OH still has to submit his de facto visa application! We fly out 19 Nov, everything booked. Need to kick his butt into gear I think.. He leaves the panicking to me of course.

Have to sort out his company accounts too, god only knows when I'll get the time to pack everything (doing DIY option) and close accounts, end our tenancy agreement etc. All this with my little girl at my heels (almost 16 mths old).
Starting to feel sleep deprived just like that first 10 mths after her birth..

zzzzzzzzzz

Keep telling myself, stay calm, make lists and slowly tick things off. I sure hope the flats are sold though and soon.

PS We have bought a place in Perth and the paperwork went back and forth across the oceans, so just remember that yours can too. Is it also worth switching agents??

Totally agree with the OH leaving worrys to me as well. He got up to see where i was and just pulled a face and laughed when i said i was worried about not selling the house, then of course my son woke up (19months) who must have thought it was morning since everyone was up and he looked wide awake.
I have to do all bills etc, all the panicking included since he doesnt really want to know about anything and i work full time whilst he stays at home with baby. Granted we did have to do this so i could be sponsored for permanent visa.
Just posted another thread asking about good 0% credit cards on purchases to use in oz if we really do start to run out of funds.
Good luck with your propertys also good luck to the other person who replied to my post.

Nicky