Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Could This Be Our Weekend? I'm Feeling Lucky

Could This Be Our Weekend? I'm Feeling Lucky

Old Jul 4th 2003, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Could This Be Our Weekend? I'm Feeling Lucky

We have got someone looking at the house tomorrow, from down South, and just had a call from someone wanting to buy the Horsebox.
Its like being on a rollercoaster, one minute we're up, the next we are down. We have been on the down 2 weeks since the last people who were buying the house pulled out.
Good luck to everyone this weekend, hope you all have loads of viewings.

Whisky
Old Jul 4th 2003, 8:16 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Could This Be Our Weekend? I'm Feeling Lucky

Originally posted by whisky
We have got someone looking at the house tomorrow, from down South, and just had a call from someone wanting to buy the Horsebox.
Its like being on a rollercoaster, one minute we're up, the next we are down. We have been on the down 2 weeks since the last people who were buying the house pulled out.
Good luck to everyone this weekend, hope you all have loads of viewings.

Whisky
Good luck Whisky.

Can I ask when and where you plan to move? Are you heading for Oz or NZ ?

Cheers

Pete.
Old Jul 4th 2003, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY
Good luck Whisky.

Can I ask when and where you plan to move? Are you heading for Oz or NZ ?

Cheers

Pete.

Australia. Landing in Perth, not sure where we will go from there. Rockingham, Bunbury, Denmark, Albany. Depends on the business, might even be Perth itself.
Old Jul 4th 2003, 8:27 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Australia. Landing in Perth, not sure where we will go from there. Rockingham, Bunbury, Denmark, Albany. Depends on the business, might even be Perth itself.
Is there any reason you chose WA? I have to admit we did'nt consider it, not really sure why. My neighbour emigrated to somwhere just south of Perth about 2 years ago, and she still keeps in touch. Shes pretty happy, a few things she prefered back home, but thats only natural.

My wife reckons Albany is nice (thats right down on the south east of WA yes?). She says its quite small but thats what we like.

Fishings meant to be great down that way
Old Jul 4th 2003, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Is there any reason you chose WA? I have to admit we did'nt consider it, not really sure why. My neighbour emigrated to somwhere just south of Perth about 2 years ago, and she still keeps in touch. Shes pretty happy, a few things she prefered back home, but thats only natural.

My wife reckons Albany is nice (thats right down on the south east of WA yes?). She says its quite small but thats what we like.

Fishings meant to be great down that way

My Brother lives out there. He went with my Dad and his new stepmother some 35 years ago. We lost touch up until 3 years ago, then he came over to see me. It was great, 3 weeks trying to make up for our lost childhood together (very long story).
The following Christmas, I went to stay with him and his wife for 3 weeks down in Albany (lovely).
Fell in love with Australia the minute we landed.
My Brother has now moved to Dawsville. Not far from Mandurah.
So, although we could end up as far as Albany, it would be about 3 hours from my Brother, it still isn't as far away from eachother as we have been.
My Brother and his wife do a lot of fishing, and have a small boat, but since they moved to Dawsville, my brother went in the sea for a swim, and was investigated by 3 dolphins. He was a little worried at first, but then one came up close and let my Brother stroke his nose.

Whisky
Old Jul 4th 2003, 9:05 pm
A Male Member

My Brother lives out there. He went with my Dad and his new stepmother some 35 years ago. We lost touch up until 3 years ago, then he came over to see me. It was great, 3 weeks trying to make up for our lost childhood together (very long story).
The following Christmas, I went to stay with him and his wife for 3 weeks down in Albany (lovely).
Fell in love with Australia the minute we landed.
My Brother has now moved to Dawsville. Not far from Mandurah.
So, although we could end up as far as Albany, it would be about 3 hours from my Brother, it still isn't as far away from eachother as we have been.
My Brother and his wife do a lot of fishing, and have a small boat, but since they moved to Dawsville, my brother went in the sea for a swim, and was investigated by 3 dolphins. He was a little worried at first, but then one came up close and let my Brother stroke his nose.

Whisky
One of our aims is to buy a boat one day. We both love fishing and snorkling, and one day hope to do a scuba course too.

Your brother must have been in the right place at the right time! I would'nt have thought dolphins would be so approachable (or approaching!) all of the time. Lucky chap.
Old Jul 4th 2003, 9:15 pm
les
Forum Regular

les is an unknown quantity at this point

The Fishings better in QLD, The divings better in QLD (the waters warmer) and there are australians in QLD not just expats like perth. been here a year and luvin it
Old Jul 4th 2003, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

One of our aims is to buy a boat one day. We both love fishing and snorkling, and one day hope to do a scuba course too.

Your brother must have been in the right place at the right time! I would'nt have thought dolphins would be so approachable (or approaching!) all of the time. Lucky chap.

Yes, he was very surprised and delighted after he had got over the shock of them coming over. I think that he was snorkling at the time. He says that he often sees them when he is out in the boat, but never had an experience like that even in his younger days when he was always surfing.
He has a good life out there. He isn't wealthy, but both he and his wife are very happy, and are always doing something at the weekend.
Compared to me, he is very laid back (so laid back that I sometimes wonder whether he is going to fall over). I just hope that I can chill out and be satisfied with life as much as he is.
Old Jul 4th 2003, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by les
The Fishings better in QLD, The divings better in QLD (the waters warmer) and there are australians in QLD not just expats like perth. been here a year and luvin it

My half sister and stepmother live in Queensland now that my Father has passed away. They originally landed and lived in Canberra all those years ago on their £10 boat passage, so my brother has lived over that way.They have asked me to go there, but I would like time to be around my Brother.
Maybe we will go over and take a look for a holiday sometime.

Pleased to read that you are happy and loving it out there.

Whisky