Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Could this be my first Huntsman?

Wikiposts

Could this be my first Huntsman?

Old Jun 12th 2005, 9:08 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Could this be my first Huntsman?

Yup. Looks like a Huntsman to me.
Only a baby one though.
If you let her live & she stays for a while, she'll grow to 4 or 5 times that size.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scossie
Only a baby one though.
If you let her live & she stays for a while, she'll grow to 4 or 5 times that size.

A few months ago I was really worried about moving to Aus following lots of threads about these damn huge spiders....I relaxed a bit about it, but now I'm really worried again. I know that they won't hurt you, and I know that they keep away the roaches and flies etc, but I HATE SPIDERS, I don't know why, but they do scare me. Please tell me that they are few and far between and that I'll be able to enjoy life is Aus despite the size of them!!!!
And you said that one was just a baby? aaaahhhh :scared:
Old Jun 12th 2005, 9:46 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Only a baby one though.

Blinkin 'eck how big can they get then????? Piccies anyone? :scared: :scared:
Old Jun 12th 2005, 9:47 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lel_smiff
Only arrived in Australia just two weeks ago, and this little fella appeared outside the front door of our house just a few days ago. He's still there but only shows up again at night...

What sort of Spider is it? I'd say he's about 6 to 7 cm's long, but that's big enough for me really. I much prefer to know he's there, rather than making his home in my bedroom.

I guess I'm hoping it is a huntsman so I can tell all my squeamish mates back in England about it, and maybe blow the pic up and tell them it was MASSIVE!

lel

this was our little visitor...... we kept him in the freezer for weeks..... wanted to show him to mum when she came at xmas.....but she didn't and his legs fell off so i flushed him

boomie
x
Attached Thumbnails Could this be my first Huntsman?-spider-.jpg  
Old Jun 12th 2005, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Boomie
this was our little visitor...... we kept him in the freezer for weeks..... wanted to show him to mum when she came at xmas.....but she didn't and his legs fell off so i flushed him

boomie
x

Still don't like them!
Old Jun 12th 2005, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rumble Tumble
Blinkin 'eck how big can they get then????? Piccies anyone? :scared: :scared:

I did a search. Check this out:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...untsman+spider
Starting to feel quite sick now!
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:02 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

OK. Who's gonna be first to post the, "Huntsman on the toilet roll" pic?
I never saved it or I'd post it.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:10 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Ahaa...

Here it is..

http://britishexpats.com/forum/attac...chmentid=14702
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've never been convinced about that one Scossie...looks somehow unreal.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, someone, give me some reassurance!
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lel_smiff
Maybe I should feel honored that I've seen so much, erm, wildlife in my first few weeks

We've already had a pest guy come round to spray for termites, but it seems to have killed a few other bugs so we've got something that resembles an insect graveyard in our back/basement type room!

I've sort of started to get used to the bugs in such a short time too! a bit worrying really. The pest guy was surprised that I'd never seen a cockroach before I arrived here.
Cockroaches like a warm moist climate. They are most common in tropical and semi-tropical coastal places. They don't really enjoy the cold.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:31 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

jeeez......nearly sh## myself at that one!

ugh....the hairs on the back of my neck are all stood on end now!! :scared:
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:35 pm
I'd rather be Buzz!!

SylvieKid is an unknown quantity at this point

Geez!! I know that there's some real nasties in Oz but having a spider on yer loo roll really is the last straw?!?! :scared: I mean, seeing one that size would make me need to access the loo roll more than ever!?!? Ahem - in case you'd not already guessed I really hate spiders too!?!? I can manage the ones in this country (arned with a glass and a postcard - yeah I know, how very brave of me!?!?) but I really don't like the thought of meeting anything bigger than say a 50p?? (and yes, that includes the legs!!)

If anyone out there can confirm whether they are few and far between I'd be really grateful as well - failing that, just take the p*** out of us blokey-wimps instead?? (go on, you know you want to!?!?)
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:53 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

OK. Who's gonna be first to post the, "Huntsman on the toilet roll" pic?
I never saved it or I'd post it.
Oh dear, what have I started

D D
Old Jun 12th 2005, 11:20 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

That is soooooooooo bloody disgustingly gross, OMG how the bloody hell would you get rid of that it's as big as a rat :scared: :scared:
Old Jun 12th 2005, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Could this be my first Huntsman?

We found one curled up inside the kettle (no water) one morning. Had to ask him to leave.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.