Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Could I have timed this any worse?

Could I have timed this any worse?

Old Aug 4th 2012, 7:20 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Could I have timed this any worse?

Made a plan to move to Australia back in 2008. Started the process with September 2012 in mind for a final move ( eldest about to start secondary school in UK).

The application went through during the rollercoaster of changes to migration policy over the past few years and our expected visa grant date varied from within 3 months to after 2013 accordingly. All came good and we got the visa last March, had our recce/ validation trip in October and as everything looked great began final preparations.

Anyway... A successful house sale (completes in 2 weeks) and mass posetion sell off later we are poised for the 9/11 flight to Brisbane with tons of shipping boxes all around us.

Exchange rate has been terrible of late but received notification on Friday that it had dropped to 1.4774.

Do you think I could have timed this any worse?
Old Aug 4th 2012, 1:42 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Could I have timed this any worse?

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
Made a plan to move to Australia back in 2008. Started the process with September 2012 in mind for a final move ( eldest about to start secondary school in UK).

The application went through during the rollercoaster of changes to migration policy over the past few years and our expected visa grant date varied from within 3 months to after 2013 accordingly. All came good and we got the visa last March, had our recce/ validation trip in October and as everything looked great began final preparations.

Anyway... A successful house sale (completes in 2 weeks) and mass posetion sell off later we are poised for the 9/11 flight to Brisbane with tons of shipping boxes all around us.

Exchange rate has been terrible of late but received notification on Friday that it had dropped to 1.4774.

Yes! Could have been later when rate is worse
Old Aug 4th 2012, 1:57 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Yes! Could have been later when rate is worse
There was me thinking it couldn't possibly drop any further!
Old Aug 4th 2012, 2:14 pm
Banned

carling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of light

Dude........got my visa in 2007.............2008 Oct £1 to 2.67....Been here ten weeks at 1.47 to the £, still breathing, f00kem.......will die one day, will it matter, guess not,............Any richer, loser, no till f00ked up.....but memories well are a better, and building,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old Aug 4th 2012, 2:23 pm
Banned

carling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of light

PS...........

Got a mate who bought a lush pad in 2006 for 1.5 million Ozzy Peso's.....

Next door neighbour, just sold like for like; in a Pommy love to be area, you know, the boat, the Hilux, the full on bullshit, well he sold for $900k, living the dream man, time is wealth...........nowt else.....

Hand me a coldy babe..............