Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Could I Get Your Opinion?

Could I Get Your Opinion?

Old Jan 30th 2007, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

D80Jase is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Could I Get Your Opinion?

Hello there, I just joined and would like anyones opinion/adivce on how to go about things concerning immigration.

Like many of us, I would love to get away from England and enjoy a better, more relaxed standard of living in Oz.
Im a 39yr old self-employed Painter & Decorator and have been for 2 yrs now. I dont have any NVQ's etc to prove that I'm good at my job...but you dont need any to work here do you!
My wife is a Software Test Consultant

In your opinion(s) what would our chances be of getting over there? Dont know where to start, this seemed a good place ......any advice out there?
Old Jan 30th 2007, 7:34 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Could I Get Your Opinion?

Hi,
A good place to start is http://www.immi.gov.au/
you'll find heaps of info there,any questions ask away,someone will know the answer.
My advise is not to give up,keep going,it's along daunting task but so worth it
best of luck
RM
Old Jan 30th 2007, 7:40 pm
Account Closed

sassycat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Could I Get Your Opinion?

Originally Posted by D80Jase
Hello there, I just joined and would like anyones opinion/adivce on how to go about things concerning immigration.

Like many of us, I would love to get away from England and enjoy a better, more relaxed standard of living in Oz.
Im a 39yr old self-employed Painter & Decorator and have been for 2 yrs now. I dont have any NVQ's etc to prove that I'm good at my job...but you dont need any to work here do you!
My wife is a Software Test Consultant

In your opinion(s) what would our chances be of getting over there? Dont know where to start, this seemed a good place ......any advice out there?

My advice would be to consult an agency - they will be able to advice which way forward is best for you. Usually the first meet is free as well so you have nothing to lose.

All the best

Sass xxxxxxxx