Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

cottesloe or sorrento??

cottesloe or sorrento??

Old Feb 20th 2008, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

bushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura about
Question cottesloe or sorrento??

we're going down to Perth in a couple of weeks and want to stay in a beach resort instead of the city this time.I've seen 2 nice places,one in Cottesloe and the Sorrento Beach Club resort in Sorrento but can't decide between the two! The one in Cottesloe's a tad pricier but only by $200 so not too bad.Are the two towns similar or is one nicer?
Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:36 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cottesloe or sorrento??

Originally Posted by bushy
we're going down to Perth in a couple of weeks and want to stay in a beach resort instead of the city this time.I've seen 2 nice places,one in Cottesloe and the Sorrento Beach Club resort in Sorrento but can't decide between the two! The one in Cottesloe's a tad pricier but only by $200 so not too bad.Are the two towns similar or is one nicer?
Cottesloe is where the backpackers and Sunday sessioners go. Sorrento is where the british tourists go and there is little else going on in that area apart from Whitfords shopping centre. A huge generalisation but you get the idea?
Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

bushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura about

I get the picture! What's Hillary's boat harbour like? I'm getting more inclined towards Sorrento as the price difference would get us a hire car which we need .
Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

I get the picture! What's Hillary's boat harbour like? I'm getting more inclined towards Sorrento as the price difference would get us a hire car which we need .
Not sure if you have kids or not ! but they would probably prefer Sorrento. There is a safe family beach, water slides and lots of restaurants etc. The aquarium is also there which is well worth a visit.
You can also go accross to Rottnest island on the ferry.

Nicky
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:09 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

You could try Scarborough beach, in some eyes it has a bad name, but its definitely improved over the past couple of years. The beach itself is nice and less distance to get into the city and down to freo etc.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies. I wanted to go to Scarborough but everywhere was booked up.We've decided on Sorrento I think.
Only one of the kids is coming and he's 14 but looking forward to a nice beach as the beaches up here aren't that nice and the water is full of nasties like jellyfish,stonefish and lots of sharks!!
Old Feb 20th 2008, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

SellotapeLiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: cottesloe or sorrento??

Sorrento is beautiful and there's plenty of family stuff to do at Hillary's Boat Harbour. We hopped on the ferry from there to Rottnest and spent a day cycling round the island which is gorgeous. Had fun hand feeding the quokkas which inhabit parts of the island. You'll see plenty of jellyfish, also when I was at the harbour I saw masses of tiny puffa fish (or a similar species) at the water surface which was fab.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

JPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SellotapeLiz
Sorrento is beautiful and there's plenty of family stuff to do at Hillary's Boat Harbour. We hopped on the ferry from there to Rottnest and spent a day cycling round the island which is gorgeous. Had fun hand feeding the quokkas which inhabit parts of the island. You'll see plenty of jellyfish, also when I was at the harbour I saw masses of tiny puffa fish (or a similar species) at the water surface which was fab.
aqwa at hillarys is well worth a visit, highly recommend. i loved it kids thought it was ok! lots more for kids to do around hillarys though but all around is easily accessible. hire a car and drive up the coastal road between cottesloe and mullalloo, gorgeous!. we personally love the beach at mullalloo. yanchep is also within easy reach and worth a visit.
a little further north is the moore river estuary again a brill day out at the beach and where you can swim in the river.