Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Costs of Transporting Pets!!

Costs of Transporting Pets!!

Old May 14th 2004, 9:20 pm
debbiea34

Cool Costs of Transporting Pets!!

Hi all,

Found this site a few days ago and have a few teething problems logging in. I am currently awaiting a decision back from the TRA. I have found loads of useful information on the forum so thanks to all of you.
I am going through an agent and up to now don`t find him very helpful especially since he has been paid a fortune!
Anyway back to my question, I was wondering how much is it to transport your pets to Oz, I have had two quotes back, the cheapest being £2,035. I have two dogs a border collie and a border terrier.
Could someone out there give me any advice, it would be much appriecated.

Thanks
Debbie

Old May 14th 2004, 9:50 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Debbie,

£2000 is a good price for 2 dogs. We have been quoted £1500 to Brisbane for a Weimeraner (dog), it really all depends on the size of the crate not the weight of the dog.

Try www.airpets.com they have a great reputation and come highly recommended by many people on this forum. Remember cheapest isn't always the best when it comes to transporting our 4-legged friends.

Good luck !
Old May 14th 2004, 10:11 pm
debbiea34

Originally posted by irishmolly
Debbie,

£2000 is a good price for 2 dogs. We have been quoted £1500 to Brisbane for a Weimeraner (dog), it really all depends on the size of the crate not the weight of the dog.

Try www.airpets.com they have a great reputation and come highly recommended by many people on this forum. Remember cheapest isn't always the best when it comes to transporting our 4-legged friends.

Good luck !
Thanks for the advice Molly. We aren`t looking for the cheapest we were just wondering what the prices were, like you rightly said we have to look after our four legged members of the family!! Now we just have to get accepted into Oz, can`t come quick enough for us!!

Thanks again

Debbie

Old May 31st 2004, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Kent, United Kingdom, now North West Sydney, Hills district and now Hawkesbury.
MELANIE6 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Costs of Transporting Pets!!

[Hiya,

We are currently waiting to go to Sydney in Aug and are taking our dog (large retreiver) and two cats with Air Supply (part of Allied Pickfords) and this is costing us £2660.00.

Hope this helps.

Old May 31st 2004, 6:16 pm
NZ or Bust!

Sazzle is an unknown quantity at this point

We are taking our dog to NZ..

Golden Arrow quoted at nearly £1000 less than airpets etc
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

mikenvonny is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure exactly how much, think it was £700.00 to send our cat to sydney. we used 'airpets' and they were exceelent.
Not sure where your final destination is, but you can only send them to sydney, melbourne or Perth.
we sent ours to sydney as it was closest to brisbane.
one months quarantine fees were about $600.00 dollars.
we then used 'Dogtainers'(have numbers of several australian pet shippers if you need them) to arrange transportation from sydney to brisbane with quantas, this cost us $150.00 dollars.
Just picked here up today from Brisbane airport and she is in fantastic condition and very happy.
mike and yvonne(Robina, QLD)
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have the web address of Golden Arrow? When I try and do a search it comes up with all sorts of useless stuff!

TIA
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Teddybex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Salli
Does anyone have the web address of Golden Arrow? When I try and do a search it comes up with all sorts of useless stuff!

TIA

Hi Tia
Golden Arrow don't have a website. Their telephone number is 01588 680240. When you phone up ask for Chris Sorenson, he's really helpful. We phoned up recently for a quote to take our dog to Sydney, just waiting for it to arrive in the post. Cheapest we've had so far is £2200 :scared:
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point

That'll be why I can't find it then!

Thanks for the number...I'll give them a call
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by mikenvonny
Not sure exactly how much, think it was £700.00 to send our cat to sydney. we used 'airpets' and they were exceelent.
Not sure where your final destination is, but you can only send them to sydney, melbourne or Perth.
we sent ours to sydney as it was closest to brisbane.
one months quarantine fees were about $600.00 dollars.
we then used 'Dogtainers'(have numbers of several australian pet shippers if you need them) to arrange transportation from sydney to brisbane with quantas, this cost us $150.00 dollars.
Just picked here up today from Brisbane airport and she is in fantastic condition and very happy.
mike and yvonne(Robina, QLD)
Just seen your post... and this is gonna save me a trip!
Can you give me any more details about this if you have any?? I will need to get two cats from Sydney to Brisbane later this year ..

Thanks!
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 5:57 pm
Reticent Member

she'llberight is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Pasquill is also going to visit Golden Arrow next Wednesday (see thread Visiting Golden Arrow pet shippers). No idea how to do the link, sorry.

I think she's taking requests as well, bless her!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 6:17 pm
MSB
Forum Regular

MSB is an unknown quantity at this point

Were using Golden Arrow to get our cat to Perth. Really helpful on phone and good info by post .

Cost for one cat £754.00. Other costs listed:

Quarantine fees for 30 days $600.00
Permit $260.00

Air pets quoted over £1000.00, others cheaper but Golden Arrow made us feel confident that the cat would get there in one piece!

Laura
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

I just phoned Golden Arrow (Teddybex - expect a discount! ) and spoke to a very nice lady, and should be getting a call back tomorrow!
Thanks!
time ...
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Teddybex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ecando
I just phoned Golden Arrow (Teddybex - expect a discount! ) and spoke to a very nice lady, and should be getting a call back tomorrow!
Thanks!
time ...

That would be nice. Anything's got to be an improvement on £2200! lol
Old Jun 4th 2004, 2:10 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Teddybex
We phoned up recently for a quote to take our dog to Sydney, just waiting for it to arrive in the post
You can't send your dog in the post! (Chortle.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.