Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Costs of Skilled visa and general moving costs

Costs of Skilled visa and general moving costs

Old Jun 21st 2013, 11:32 am
Just Joined

himynameisandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Costs of Skilled visa and general moving costs

My family and I want to move to Oz in around 18 months. We're hoping to get there on a skilled visa. It'll be my wife that gets the visa as I have a useless job. Our son will be around 4 at the time we plan to move.I was wondering if anyone could tell me the average cost of moving and visas for a family of 3?? Also a breakdown of what we need to pay for. Also how much deposit they want when renting houses over there!??
Any help would be gratefully received!
Cheers x
Old Jun 21st 2013, 11:37 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costs of Skilled visa and general moving costs

Originally Posted by himynameisandy
My family and I want to move to Oz in around 18 months. We're hoping to get there on a skilled visa. It'll be my wife that gets the visa as I have a useless job. Our son will be around 4 at the time we plan to move.I was wondering if anyone could tell me the average cost of moving and visas for a family of 3?? Also a breakdown of what we need to pay for. Also how much deposit they want when renting houses over there!??
Cheers x

Please check out the 'Read Me' section of this forum.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32

You will find plenty of info there. As to the moving costs, well it will depend on how much stiff you decide to move over, however, when it is all totted up, then the cost will run into several thousand pounds, it's not a cheap process.
Old Jun 21st 2013, 11:54 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by himynameisandy
Cheers x
Hi Andy,

There is a BE guide to skilled migration at the top of the immi forum (http://britishexpats.com/wiki/A_Roug...lled_Migration) which explains a lot of the process.

You (or your wife) need to have an occupation on the skills list (CSOL - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...tions-csol.pdf). If this is true, you will need to have a skills assessment by the relevant assessing body with varying costs, and possibly IELTS for either points, skills assessment or both. Once you have these you lodge an EOI on the skill select site (http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/) and hope to receive an invite to apply for a visa.

Visa costs go up each year, and this year there has been a change in that there is now a charge for every person included in the application so on this years prices the visa application for a family of three is $5355 (http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/new-...cing-table.pdf) which at todays exchange is around £3500. On top of that there are medical fees and the skills assessment fee.

Sorry lot of info for you, but feel free to ask for further help

Last edited by old.sparkles; Jun 22nd 2013 at 2:21 am.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 2:14 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Hi Sandy,

There is a BE guide to skilled migration at the top of the immi forum (http://britishexpats.com/wiki/A_Roug...lled_Migration) which explains a lot of the process.

You (or your wife) need to have an occupation on the skills list (CSOL - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...tions-csol.pdf). If this is true, you will need to have a skills assessment by the relevant assessing body with varying costs, and possibly IELTS for either points, skills assessment or both. Once you have these you lodge an EOI on the skill select site (http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/) and hope to receive an invite to apply for a visa.

Visa costs go up each year, and this year there has been a change in that there is now a charge for every person included in the application so on this years prices the visa application for a family of three is $5355 (http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/new-...cing-table.pdf) which at todays exchange is around £3500. On top of that there are medical fees and the skills assessment fee.

Sorry lot of info for you, but feel free to ask for further help
Oi Mod, think the OPs name is Andy not Sandy
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 2:21 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
Oi Mod, think the OPs name is Andy not Sandy
Thanks for that - post edited
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 2:23 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Thanks for that - post edited
You'll have to down a vodka as penance tonight
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

skinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really nice

4 years ago it cost Us (4) about 10,000 pounds Visas/medicals/flights/container and I`d recommend having at least $20K to $30K with you when you land. Rental deposit(Bond) is usually a months rent in advance. Rent $1500 to $2000 a month. But you can get Centrelink assistance on arrival(we didn't know this until we landed and a friend told us). Unless they`ve changed the rules?. Check carsales.com.au for car prices and what you want to budget for. And you may take a while to find a job. Good Luck