Reload this Page >

costs involved with renting in oz

costs involved with renting in oz

Old Feb 26th 2010, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

garyfish1968 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default costs involved with renting in oz

Hi all
i will hopefully be moving to north east melbourne sometime later this year and willbe looking to rent and not buy. I have looked at various living costs and think i have an idea of what they are likely to be. The one thing i'm not sure about is the costs involved with renting, ie council tax (or equivilant) water, electric bills etc who pays what?
any information would be much appreciated.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 9:42 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: costs involved with renting in oz

Originally Posted by garyfish1968
Hi all
i will hopefully be moving to north east melbourne sometime later this year and willbe looking to rent and not buy. I have looked at various living costs and think i have an idea of what they are likely to be. The one thing i'm not sure about is the costs involved with renting, ie council tax (or equivilant) water, electric bills etc who pays what?
In VIC the landlord pays the rates and property maintenance (you hope) and you pay all the day to day bills.
Buzzy
Old Feb 26th 2010, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

garyfish1968 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: costs involved with renting in oz

thanks buzzy
by rates do you mean council tax and water?
Old Feb 26th 2010, 9:50 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: costs involved with renting in oz

thanks buzzy
by rates do you mean council tax and water?
Rates = Council Tax.

The renter pays water.

Buzzy
Old Feb 27th 2010, 12:23 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Rates = Council Tax.

The renter pays water.

Buzzy
If the property has no water meter, (units, etc) the tenant does not have to pay water usage.

Any water that the tenant pays for is only the actual usage. The landlord pays the water access charges.

Some Landlords do not charge water usage, preferring tenants to feel free to use the water on the gardens, so they aren't left to dry out.

An example water bill for $393.
Landlord would pay $151 Access and sewerage.
Tenant would pay $242 for usage only.

Old Feb 27th 2010, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

vicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant future

Hi all

We live in Perth, so I am not sure if it is the same as Melbourne, but we don't have to pay any council tax as tenants.
And we only pay some part of the water rates, we have just paid only $84 towards a 7 month period of water usage.