Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cost of taxi from Brisbane airport to Noosa?

Cost of taxi from Brisbane airport to Noosa?

Old May 11th 2005, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough
Default Cost of taxi from Brisbane airport to Noosa?

Well as the title says - can anyone give me a rough idea of what we can expect to pay, there are 5 of us so the other question is do Aussie taxis take 5. We got a quote for a pick-up bus from hotel for $170 but I thought that seemd a bit high? We will be hiring a car for part of our holiday but our first thoughts were not to bother for the first few days and just chill out and get over the jetlag by the pool!

Any thoughts? Thanks
Old May 11th 2005, 8:47 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of taxi from Brisbane airport to Noosa?

Originally Posted by CK2B
Well as the title says - can anyone give me a rough idea of what we can expect to pay, there are 5 of us so the other question is do Aussie taxis take 5. We got a quote for a pick-up bus from hotel for $170 but I thought that seemd a bit high? We will be hiring a car for part of our holiday but our first thoughts were not to bother for the first few days and just chill out and get over the jetlag by the pool!

Any thoughts? Thanks

You do realise that Noosa is a little way from Brisbane? 140kms I believe. I think you'll find the taxi fare a little prohibitive. Taxi fares that far mean you also pay the cost of a return to the greater brisbane area.

On the other point, yes there are plenty of Maxi taxis (minibuses) and also now you can book a Tarago. I'd hire a car myself.
Old May 11th 2005, 9:11 am
ABCDiamond

Try this one:

Noosa Express Airporter
Noosa Heads
QLD 4567
Australia
Tel: 07 5474 5777

I saw something that quoted $40 Brisbane to Noosa on one of the Hotel web sites, but that may have been per person. In which case 5x$40=$200

Brisbane Airport to Coolangatta (99kms) is about $170 by taxi
So Noosa would be about $240 ??

A hire car sounds better all the time
But consider how much luggage you have ?

Old May 11th 2005, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks guys,

Looks like car hire is the way to go, hope we're not too jetlagged
Old May 11th 2005, 4:01 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Any thoughts? Thanks
The costs quoted seem very high. We caught a normal bus service from Brisbane to Noosa and it wasn't expensive, although this was three years ago now so prices will have risen slightly. When I get home I'll see if I can find the details of the bus company and let you know.

Nicky
Old May 11th 2005, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

The Bread Knife will become famous soon enough

Any thoughts? Thanks
Hi,

Can't remember how much, but it was definately a cheaper option- Sun Air/Henry's. They have a web site, just do a search. We have used them alot.
They do a few pick ups on route. They are brilliant and the drivers are all really friendly.
Hope this helps!!!

The Bread Knife
Old May 11th 2005, 5:43 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bread Knife
Hi,

Can't remember how much, but it was definately a cheaper option- Sun Air/Henry's. They have a web site, just do a search. We have used them alot.
They do a few pick ups on route. They are brilliant and the drivers are all really friendly.
Hope this helps!!!

The Bread Knife
Yep, that was the one we used - SunAir. Advisable to book in advance, they stop right outside the terminal and service was good.

Nicky
Old May 11th 2005, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Yep, that was the one we used - SunAir. Advisable to book in advance, they stop right outside the terminal and service was good.

Nicky

Thanks for that - I'll check them out
Old May 12th 2005, 3:11 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that - I'll check them out

It probably would be a good idea to get a coach to Noosa, especially of you have jsut landed and don't really know your way around. Noosa is 2-2.5hr drive from Brissy so probably not advisable after stepping off the plane. You can always hore a car once you are in Noosa and use that to get back.
Old May 12th 2005, 3:26 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

this is a bit sad but....

whereis.com says airport to noosa heads is 137.91km

cost to hire a cab is $3.10 (depending on time of day it's either $2.50 or $3.70 so i've taken the median)

extra airport cost of $2

$1.38 per km (but have to add $0.70 per km as it's over 40km you have to pay return) = $2.08 per km which = $286.85

$0.56 per minute waiting, probably around 5-10 minutes waiting depending on time of day, so say $3

total is $3.10 + $2 + $286.85 + $3 = $294.95

so a cab from the airport to noosa heads would cost around $300

and yes, i have nothing better to do as i've wound down at work because i'm off back to the uk for the first time in 3 years for a fleeting 6 days visit tomorrow night!!
Originally Posted by jayr
It probably would be a good idea to get a coach to Noosa, especially of you have jsut landed and don't really know your way around. Noosa is 2-2.5hr drive from Brissy so probably not advisable after stepping off the plane. You can always hore a car once you are in Noosa and use that to get back.
Old May 12th 2005, 3:36 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by brisnick

<...>

so a cab from the airport to noosa heads would cost around $300

and yes, i have nothing better to do as i've wound down at work because i'm off back to the uk for the first time in 3 years for a fleeting 6 days visit tomorrow night!!
I got a cab from Heathrow to Rochester once and it cost £140 !!

us people with nothing better to do

Old May 12th 2005, 3:39 am
Karma Comedian

Originally Posted by brisnick

You could have just called Yellow cabs and asked....

Last edited by jayr; May 12th 2005 at 3:40 am. Reason: typo
Old May 12th 2005, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

queenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant future

Why don't you get an airport hotel for the night to recover then start off fresh the next day?

Queenie

Thanks guys,

Looks like car hire is the way to go, hope we're not too jetlagged
Old May 12th 2005, 11:42 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

where's the fun in that ;-)

Originally Posted by jayr
You could have just called Yellow cabs and asked....
Old May 13th 2005, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

LauraIreland will become famous soon enough

Sunair are v. good, they will drop you to your door in Noosa for approx $40 or at the taxi rank for approx $30, fare to most noosa/noosaville addresses $10-$14 depending on time, and no of passengers.