Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

cost of solar heating????

cost of solar heating????

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough
Default cost of solar heating????

Hi , does anyone know how much roughly solar heating costs for pools.mine is approx 7mx4m.single storey with the pipes already installed next to the pump ready for connection.......jan hutchy.......
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:50 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cost of solar heating????

Originally Posted by hutchy
Hi , does anyone know how much roughly solar heating costs for pools.mine is approx 7mx4m.single storey with the pipes already installed next to the pump ready for connection.......jan hutchy.......
Hi Jan, ours was approximately $4000 extra when we put the pool in, but a much bigger pool (12x4m), so I imagine yours would be cheaper.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Hi Jan, ours was approximately $4000 extra when we put the pool in, but a much bigger pool (12x4m), so I imagine yours would be cheaper.
Hi, mrs dagboy, thanx for that,we have a guy coming friday to give us a quote, so i need some prices to compare with........jan hutchy
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:36 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, mrs dagboy, thanx for that,we have a guy coming friday to give us a quote, so i need some prices to compare with........jan hutchy
Hi Jan,

Get in touch with my mate Steve Templeman.
He owns Deluxe Pool Heating who are the best solar heating company in Perth.

I used to work with Steve, & we recommend his company to all our pool customers.

Here's the website. Contact details are there:
http://www.solarpoolheatingaustralia.com

Cheers... John....
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scossie
Hi Jan,

Get in touch with my mate Steve Templeman.
He owns Deluxe Pool Heating who are the best solar heating company in Perth.

I used to work with Steve, & we recommend his company to all our pool customers.

Here's the website. Contact details are there:
http://www.solarpoolheatingaustralia.com

Cheers... John....
Hi john i am just looking at your links to his site site, funny enough the guy whos coming is called steve,not sure which company but he is a pommie bloke and i think he lives in baldivis, my mate gave me his number.......could be the same bloke....cheers jan hutchy......
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:53 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi john i am just looking at your links to his site site, funny enough the guy whos coming is called steve,not sure which company but he is a pommie bloke and i think he lives in baldivis, my mate gave me his number.......could be the same bloke....cheers jan hutchy......
Sounds like it.
Steve has a seriously, "Landan" accent!! My mate calls him Del Boy.
(But he won't rip you off..)

He's a top bloke, & I'm not kidding. His solar heating for pools is by far the best I've seen.

Cheers... John....
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scossie
Sounds like it.
Steve has a seriously, "Landan" accent!! My mate calls him Del Boy.
(But he won't rip you off..)

He's a top bloke, & I'm not kidding. His solar heating for pools is by far the best I've seen.

Cheers... John....
Hi john, yep sounds like the same bloke when he rang me i commented to hubby he sounds like a londoner,he done my mates, her pool is bigger than mine and it was a good price and she got a free cover, mind you she said it was on offer back in september,but hopefully it will still be on ........oh well small world, if thats the case i will prob go ahead as i have looked at the site etc and with a friends recommendation i think it beats all adverts you read....jan hutchy
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 3:39 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jan

We bought our solar 2nd hand from the quokka, we upgraded the control unit and got someone to instal it, it cost us 1/3 of the new price all told. We were lucky that the pump was in good nick and there were no leaks in the tubing, you do have to be careful and it is a little risky, but saved us heaps.

Scossie i can see you cringing

Lynn