Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The cost of shipping??

The cost of shipping??

Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:27 pm
Sarrob

Default The cost of shipping??

Can somebody give me a rough idea of shipping costs for taking everything including kitchen sink and how much for taking just personal things cloths cds computers small items

Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:30 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The cost of shipping??

Originally Posted by Sarrob
Can somebody give me a rough idea of shipping costs for taking everything including kitchen sink and how much for taking just personal things cloths cds computers small items
We had quotes of £4000-4500 for a door to door 20foot container :scared:
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:32 pm
Sarrob

Originally Posted by Perthforme
blimey think i will sell a lot of stuff thanks

Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:35 pm

blimey think i will sell a lot of stuff thanks
Yep we gettin rid of big stuff like beds n sofa and buying new over there , got quote down to £1600 for 1/3 of a container .
Ikea here we come
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:39 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I would seriously get some other quotes then. We paid £3300 for the same thing including motorbike shipping.

I also think that its pretty much worthwhile taking everything if you think about it. How much would it actually take to replace everything you currently own. I suspect that its more than £3300...
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:39 pm
Sarrob

Yep we gettin rid of big stuff like beds n sofa and buying new over there , got quote down to £1600 for 1/3 of a container .
Ikea here we come
Thats a bit more reasonable it can be good to shop for new and are beds and sofas really worth taking Ikea for me to

Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

island.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant future

we sold most stuff, taking highchair, pram,bike and baby seat, books, cd's, few ornaments, clothes, you get the jist! £740 insurance included on high price items, we used pickfords and our stuff should be on it way now!! (i hope!) 15 boxes/packages in total!
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Centurion
I would seriously get some other quotes then. We paid £3300 for the same thing including motorbike shipping.
When were your quotes Bridiej had quotes like mine .
Also who did you use ?
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:51 pm
Sarrob

Originally Posted by Centurion

I also think that its pretty much worthwhile taking everything if you think about it. How much would it actually take to replace everything you currently own. I suspect that its more than £3300...
Yeh on one hand your right still thing bulky items like sofas wardrobes fridge washing machine etc is it worth the hassle is it not better to get few hundred quid for them? not bought anything new for over 12 months hopping we get to Oz

Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:59 pm

Yeh on one hand your right still thing bulky items like sofas wardrobes fridge washing machine etc is it worth the hassle is it not better to get few hundred quid for them? not bought anything new for over 12 months hopping we get to Oz
It depends what your stuff is like ours that we are leaving is either cheap crap or getting tired so all the good stuff is comming. we priced new for the old we are leaving and for us we will be better off !
Old Sep 29th 2005, 9:28 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

It depends what your stuff is like ours that we are leaving is either cheap crap or getting tired so all the good stuff is comming. we priced new for the old we are leaving and for us we will be better off !
why have the prices of shipping doubled in about 12 months.i remember reading of people paying £1800 about a year ago.chris wants to ship everything over but apart from personel stuff it looks pointless for us as all 3 bedrooms are fitted and so is the kitchen.........the friging dog will cost about £3000 and i don't want to take her......not being cruel as next door want her and he works for the rspca and we know she would have a brilliant home.

balls to it i might move in with next door at least i will get fed