Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cost of security screens?

Cost of security screens?

Old Oct 30th 2008, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud of
Default Cost of security screens?

Do any of you have a rough idea of how much security screens on windows cost? I have no idea of size but just a rough idea would help a lot please.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of security screens?

Hi
I got a new one installed a few months ago for $500. We shopped around and that was the cheapest. They seemed to range up to about $600 for the same thing from the same brochure.
Hope that helps
GL
Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Two years ago now, but we had Strathpine Glass measure, and fit a new security screen at our front door. Cost $300.

I asked the guy who delivered some cut glass we had ordered if he could recommend a security screen supplier, and he said they did screens too. He measured it up before he left and they fitted the door a week later.

Very good company!

Mxxx
Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:10 pm
ABCDiamond

I had the entire lower floor of our house done about 2 years ago, and it was a bit under $2,000 for everything.

1 main door, 2 patio doors and 10 windows (if I counted correctly).

Edit:
3 years ago and cost $2,053. and it was 11 windows, I missed one in the count up

Last edited by ABCDiamond; Oct 30th 2008 at 12:19 pm.

Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

2 doors 11 windows fly screens & security screens fitted for $2000 9/08 the guy is self employed, think he covers south brisbane & gold coast
Old Oct 31st 2008, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

Can anyone recommend someone in Perth who does this ?