Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cost of Rentals in Perth

Cost of Rentals in Perth

Old Jan 19th 2010, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

debs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nice
Default Cost of Rentals in Perth

Hi Guys

I am looking to put my house up in the next couple of months with a view to coming to Perth as soon as it is sold. Can you please let me know what you could now expect to pay for a rental out in Perth and which are the better suburbs please to take a look at.

Many thanks

Debbie
Old Jan 20th 2010, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all
Default Re: Cost of Rentals in Perth

Debs,
We rented in Carramar (about 40 minutes from City) and it cost us $700 per week for a new 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom fully furnished and very new accommodation - no pool though and a 4x4m garden(!). This was a short stay. Most of the far north areas seemed very nice ( ie Ocean Reef, Mullaloo and kallaroo) and for longer term rentals they can be picked up for around $350 - $500 / week.
Try to do a search on realestate australia.com.au - this is what I'm doing. You can get much cheaper than what we paid last summer.
I wanted to buy a caravan and stay on a caravan site until we found roughly where we wanted to be. The idea was to then rent it out but I'm not sure whether you can do this in Aus?
BoL
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Families often try to find somewhere quieter with a garden, often in suburbs further out from the CBD. See if you can get a map of Perth to show rail lines, main roads and general layout. Generally speaking, the most expensive and desirable suburbs are those on the coast or river. Other suburbs closer to the CBD are popular for their "cafe society" lifestyle, such as Subiaco, Shenton Park, Mt Hawthorn, Leederville, West Leederville, Wembley, Highgate, North Perth, Mt Lawley, West Perth, East Perth and wonderful Fremantle (Freo). Older suburbs closer to the city tend to have a more traditional layout, with high street-type layouts, rather than newer developments with a large shopping centre but little character. There are exceptions to this, but my own preference is for the older suburbs, coast and river. There is something for everyone in Perth and we all have a list of what's most important: public transport, swimming pool nearby (preferably in the back garden!), good bakery, a pub, etc.

Look at websites www.reiwa.com.au and www.domain.com.au to get an idea on prices. If you give us a bit more info about what you need, we can tell you about more places. Looking at some of your other posts and schools/services for your child, you might have to put his requirements high on the list.

Last edited by HelenTD; Jan 20th 2010 at 6:53 am.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 10:06 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debs1966
Hi Guys

I am looking to put my house up in the next couple of months with a view to coming to Perth as soon as it is sold. Can you please let me know what you could now expect to pay for a rental out in Perth and which are the better suburbs please to take a look at.

Many thanks

Debbie
In coastal suburb - expect $500 - $600 per week.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Location: Melbourne UK to Helensville Nz to Secret Harbour Perth WA
donki is an unknown quantity at this point

we are in Baldivis which is about a two min drive from Warnbro train station, we overlook fields with cows in!!!!! we pay 380 a week and have 4 beds 2 baths huge rumpus a very good size garden and would say house is about 3 yrs old very modern beaches about 5 mins by car
Old Jan 21st 2010, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Woodvale 3 x 2 with double garage and garden $400 per week. Its a tad expensive for what we've got and we will be looking to move in August but that's only because we now are more aware of where we are and what we are doing.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 12:15 pm
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

in the city with a 3x1 which is awesome, so local to everything and feel I have a life, soon to be moving and the rental market is pants with lots of crap for under 700bux, dont think I will match what I have.....but that the sacrifice you make.....

You get more bang for your buck in the outer suburbs, but depends how boring you want to live and your lifestyle, if you enjoy that sort of thing.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

4x2 in Lesmurdie, quiet location, approx 3/4 acre plot, big pool $470wk, great views every morning during drive to work!!