Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cost of Renewing Passport

Cost of Renewing Passport

Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Sunbed has a brilliant futureSunbed has a brilliant futureSunbed has a brilliant futureSunbed has a brilliant futureSunbed has a brilliant futureSunbed has a brilliant futureSunbed has a brilliant future
Default Cost of Renewing Passport

My UK passport expires this month and I have just downloaded the forms to send off my renewal to Canberra.

My question concerns the fee. The payment form states it is effective from 27th November 2008 and the consular exchange rate is 1 pound = $2.50.

At the moment the actually exchange rate is around the $2.15 mark. Does anyone know if and when the consular exchange rate is reviewed?

This could obviously save me a few dollars which could be spent elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 10:10 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of Renewing Passport

I would be surprised if anyone knows.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Obtain...ports_overseas
Old Jan 11th 2009, 10:40 pm
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

We are doing this today as well. There is a new form effective from today

http://ukinaustralia.fco.gov.uk/reso...etric_fees.pdf

You must also now include a return envelope.

Al
Old Jan 11th 2009, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Sunbed has a brilliant futureSunbed has a brilliant futureSunbed has a brilliant futureSunbed has a brilliant futureSunbed has a brilliant futureSunbed has a brilliant futureSunbed has a brilliant future

Cheers mate.

That's great. $30 saved.

As your in Hampton I shall spend the saved money on a trip to The Roti Boti next time I'm in that neck of the woods.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 10:55 pm
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunbed
Cheers mate.

That's great. $30 saved.

As your in Hampton I shall spend the saved money on a trip to The Roti Boti next time I'm in that neck of the woods.
God no... it's an over-hyped dump. If you want decent non-localised (weak) curries then try the Madras Banyan Tree on the Nepean. We found it leaps ahead of Rotty Botty.

Prince of Ceylon in Moorabbin was recommended to us from the local Indian Spice market, but we have yet to go there.

Al
Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bigAPE
God no... it's an over-hyped dump. If you want decent non-localised (weak) curries then try the Madras Banyan Tree on the Nepean. We found it leaps ahead of Rotty Botty.

Prince of Ceylon in Moorabbin was recommended to us from the local Indian Spice market, but we have yet to go there.

Al
If the Prince of Ceylon is the one near the station then stay clear of there.

Friends live close by and even know the owners through friends of a friend and they wont go back after their one visit.

I always found The Botty to be pretty good. Will have to try the Banyan Tree on your recommendation. Though I don't think you can look past Bombay by Night on North Road for the best curry house in the area.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

B*gger! I paid $290 last week! At least the kid one has gone down too just in case the DGD is eligible.