Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cost of medicals is this about right?

Cost of medicals is this about right?

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cost of medicals is this about right?

Just contacted one of the places to do medicals for visa in Prague.

They said it would be 55 pounds (told me in Czech koruna but converted it online). This is for medical and xray and bloods!!

Sounds very cheap! Said kids medicals would be cheaper.

Medical stuff is cheaper here, but this seams very cheap. This is authorised hospital on the immigration website. So must be right.

How much is it in England as had originally considered getting them done there but dont think they could match this price.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cost of medicals is this about right?

Originally Posted by Gems
Just contacted one of the places to do medicals for visa in Prague.

They said it would be 55 pounds (told me in Czech koruna but converted it online). This is for medical and xray and bloods!!

Sounds very cheap! Said kids medicals would be cheaper.

Medical stuff is cheaper here, but this seams very cheap. This is authorised hospital on the immigration website. So must be right.

How much is it in England as had originally considered getting them done there but dont think they could match this price.
It would be cheaper for those of us in the UK to fly to Prague, have meds done, take a weeks holiday, and fly back than to pay for them in the UK! Well, maybe not, but you get the picture...
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

chrisk8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jensen Healey
It would be cheaper for those of us in the UK to fly to Prague, have meds done, take a weeks holiday, and fly back than to pay for them in the UK! Well, maybe not, but you get the picture...
You're not wrong there - ous cost £830 in total yesterday.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Wow, go for it! £695 for a family of five here.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

marie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud of

just had medicals this morning £625 2 adults 3 children.

marie
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

Bertie44 will become famous soon enough

£575 for 2 adults and two kids
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

sunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nice

£540 Two adults, two kids 5 and 2
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Ste&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to all

Hi!

Sorry to jump on this thread, makes interesting reading.

We live in Manchester and just wondered who you went to see for your medicals at such a good price. Hopefully we will be front loading ours later this year.

Good luck with you voyage!

Thanks

dawn
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

sunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ste&Dawn
Hi!

Sorry to jump on this thread, makes interesting reading.

We live in Manchester and just wondered who you went to see for your medicals at such a good price. Hopefully we will be front loading ours later this year.

Good luck with you voyage!

Thanks

dawn
Who me ?
St.John street and saw a Dr Million.
It didn't take as long as expected although had a moment when both boys demanded a poo at the same time
I am now sporting a nasty bruise where blood was taken but I liked his non-PC manner and he was relaxed about kids.

HTH
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

Ste&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sunburn
Who me ?
St.John street and saw a Dr Million.
It didn't take as long as expected although had a moment when both boys demanded a poo at the same time
I am now sporting a nasty bruise where blood was taken but I liked his non-PC manner and he was relaxed about kids.

HTH

Sorri, Yes you...

That's great to know.

Kids eh... aren't they adorable!

Had a vision of a day trip on the M56.. my geography is not good, I'm sure the kids would have loved that, sick bags in toe........

Thanks again, (aren't we sad, sat here on forum on a
Friday nite, I've been great company for hubby, not! Its just soooooooo addictive).

Dawn
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Joolz will become famous soon enough

In Bristol cost me £85 for Medical and £60 for x-ray... that's for 1 person...