Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cost of Medical - where's cheap??!!

Cost of Medical - where's cheap??!!

Old Jan 19th 2004, 7:27 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cost of Medical - where's cheap??!!

As some of you know, I've been fretting about my medical. Now I'm fretting about the cost - I was quoted £185 for the meds and xray here in Cambridge. I was thinking more in the region of £145....

Has anyone had theirs done for less than £185 in the East Anglia/London region? Have car, will drive.
Old Jan 19th 2004, 7:33 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cost of Medical - where's cheap??!!

Originally posted by bundy
As some of you know, I've been fretting about my medical. Now I'm fretting about the cost - I was quoted £185 for the meds and xray here in Cambridge. I was thinking more in the region of £145....

Has anyone had theirs done for less than £185 in the East Anglia/London region? Have car, will drive.
I had both medical and Xray for 110 around the corner from harrods in Knightsbridge. I used them because they were the most accessible and cheapest offering X-ray and medical. Price has probably changed by now.

http://www.australia.org.uk/VTI/FORMS/Doctors.pdf

lists all the docs.

The link is to the London Australian High Commission web site so is current.
Old Jan 19th 2004, 7:37 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
I had both medical and Xray for 110 around the corner from harrods in Knightsbridge. I used them because they were the most accessible and cheapest offering X-ray and medical. Price has probably changed by now.

http://www.australia.org.uk/VTI/FORMS/Doctors.pdf

lists all the docs.

The link is to the London Australian High Commission web site so is current.
Thanks BP - I'll give them a call. I doubt the price will have increased that much. God knows why Cambridge is so expensive!

I don't suppose it's a problem having the medical away from home, so to speak?
Old Jan 19th 2004, 7:38 am
zen
Forum Regular

zen has a spectacular aura aboutzen has a spectacular aura aboutzen has a spectacular aura about

Can anyone tell me where in Manchester would be the best place to go for a cheap medical? cheers..