Reload this Page >

Suburb Information

Suburb Information

Old Apr 6th 2015, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

komail is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Suburb Information

Hi,

I am coming to Sydney along with family (wife + 2 school going kids) and looking for decent suburb to live. My priorities are:

1. Walking distance to School
2. Walking distance to Train / Bus (as I don't have car immediately)

Some of my friends have suggested following suburb to look into.

1. Parramatta or North Parramatta (priority 1)
2. Arncliffe (priority 2)
3. Liver Pool (priority 3)

I am guessing, I need 2BHK apartment or house. Can you guys please suggest the pros and cos. of above suburb or can suggest any other decent suburb for family accommodation.

Thanks
Old Apr 7th 2015, 5:53 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suburb Information

Originally Posted by komail
Hi,

I am coming to Sydney along with family (wife + 2 school going kids) and looking for decent suburb to live. My priorities are:

1. Walking distance to School
2. Walking distance to Train / Bus (as I don't have car immediately)

Some of my friends have suggested following suburb to look into.

1. Parramatta or North Parramatta (priority 1)
2. Arncliffe (priority 2)
3. Liver Pool (priority 3)

I am guessing, I need 2BHK apartment or house. Can you guys please suggest the pros and cos. of above suburb or can suggest any other decent suburb for family accommodation.

Thanks

Where will you be working? These three suburbs are pretty much light years apart in terms of culture and almost literally in terms of distance.

There are good schools all over the place - are you looking at private or state? Remember that if you are on a temporary visa, you will get stung for state school fees, so private may look more attractive.

S
Old Apr 7th 2015, 6:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Wow what diverse choices. Miles apart from each other too. Well if you are working in the city, and don't mind a bit of Arabic in your life, I'd be heading to Arncliffe out of those choices. It's about 15 minutes on the train to the city, and despite having not much in the village (I call it a village as it could be a great little village) right now, I reckon with a bit of time, its a place that could see some good potential.
Old Apr 7th 2015, 6:05 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Wow what diverse choices. Miles apart from each other too. Well if you are working in the city, and don't mind a bit of Arabic in your life, I'd be heading to Arncliffe out of those choices. It's about 15 minutes on the train to the city, and despite having not much in the village (I call it a village as it could be a great little village) right now, I reckon with a bit of time, its a place that could see some good potential.

My ex lives in Arncliffe, and it's certainly not the worse place in the suburbs - but it is definitely in the suburbs.

A
Old Apr 7th 2015, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
My ex lives in Arncliffe, and it's certainly not the worse place in the suburbs - but it is definitely in the suburbs.

A
Well it is, but its pretty close to town. You've got the motorway starting there too and on a good run you could drive into the city in 15 minutes. You can also get to the beach pretty quickly. Whether that be Botany Bay or even Maroubra. I reckon it could be a little future gem in this locational rat race of Sydney. What does your ex think about living there?