Reload this Page >

Cost of living in Sydney

Cost of living in Sydney

Old Feb 18th 2010, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

SueJamesH will become famous soon enough
Default Cost of living in Sydney

Hi there everyone.

I know this question has been asked a million times and I have read it once on here, but can't seem to find it again.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to help with monthly cost of living for a family of 4 people?

Forget the mortgage/rent etc as I'm doing lots of research on this, but need help with other things like utilities, iPhone monthly fee, council tax (is there such thing??) kids clubs etc.

Any advice would be most helpful!!

Cheers
Sue

Old Feb 18th 2010, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Cost of living in Sydney

Originally Posted by SueJamesH
Hi there everyone.

I know this question has been asked a million times and I have read it once on here, but can't seem to find it again.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to help with monthly cost of living for a family of 4 people?

Forget the mortgage/rent etc as I'm doing lots of research on this, but need help with other things like utilities, iPhone monthly fee, council tax (is there such thing??) kids clubs etc.

Cheers
Sue

If you have not already done so, post this in Australia forum and Im sure you will get lots of answers. A lot of us on this site are still trying to get a visa and wouldn't have a clue
Old Feb 18th 2010, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SueJamesH
Hi there everyone.

Cheers
Sue

Here's a very simple answer to a very complex question! Annual cost of living in Sydney for a family of 4 from the UK -

Budget living - $60,000
Mediocre living - $90,000
Decent living - $120,000

Includes rent. Decent living assumes kids going to private school.

Call me crazy but I have done hell lot of calculations and most estimates fall in the range of $60k-$120k. Below $60k, you are seriously compromising lifestyle and above $120k, you are perhaps indulging into a little bit luxury here and there.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

SueJamesH will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by caliburn
Here's a very simple answer to a very complex question! Annual cost of living in Sydney for a family of 4 from the UK -

Budget living - $60,000
Mediocre living - $90,000
Decent living - $120,000

Includes rent. Decent living assumes kids going to private school.

Call me crazy but I have done hell lot of calculations and most estimates fall in the range of $60k-$120k. Below $60k, you are seriously compromising lifestyle and above $120k, you are perhaps indulging into a little bit luxury here and there.

Thanks Caliburn - that's really helpful.

I think I'll also post in the Barbie forum too and see if anyone can give me monthly figures.

thanks so much for your feedback - it's good to have some help on here with these things.

Cheers
Sue
Old Feb 18th 2010, 7:40 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I've answered on your other thread.