Reload this Page >

Cost Of living - Expenses Worksheet

Cost Of living - Expenses Worksheet

Old Jun 12th 2004, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Rinali is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cost Of living - Expenses Worksheet

Hi all,
I have just made a spread sheet detailing various expenses (includes a summary sheet and an itemised break down of expense heads). It would be great if every one could provide their figures on the spreadsheet (budgetted or actuals).

Sorry I had to do this in WORD, because I couldn't post an Excel Spread Sheet.

Meanwhile, I have put in my budgetted expenses as well.

Regards
Rina

Last edited by Rinali; Jun 12th 2004 at 2:02 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2004, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Cost Of living - Expenses Worksheet

Originally posted by Rinali
Hi all,
I have just made a spread sheet detailing various expenses (includes a summary sheet and an itemised break up of expense heads). It would be great if every one could provide their figures on the spreadsheet (budgetted or actuals).

Regards
Rina
Here it is, I converted the Excel file into a WORD doc. Hope it works now!
Attached Files
File Type: doc
expenses break up.doc (92.5 KB, 507 views)

Last edited by Rinali; Jun 12th 2004 at 2:01 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2004, 1:57 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Expenses Break up.doc !!!!

Looking at the title of the document, I am expecting it to be full of things like:

Divorce Lawyer
Private Detective
Half the House
My car
etc.

Oh, not that kind of break up

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Jun 12th 2004, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

sembonor is an unknown quantity at this point

What kind of profession do you have?

No, I am not asking about your salary, but are you comfortable with your salary with that kind of expense?

Thanks

Bono
Old Jun 12th 2004, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,
I have just made a spread sheet detailing various expenses (includes a summary sheet and an itemised break down of expense heads). It would be great if every one could provide their figures on the spreadsheet (budgetted or actuals).

Regards
Rina
Which part of Oz do you stay?
Old Jun 12th 2004, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by sembonor
What kind of profession do you have?

No, I am not asking about your salary, but are you comfortable with your salary with that kind of expense?

Thanks

Bono
We do not live in Aus, plan to move to Melbourne. Hubby works for an Investment Bank.

Cheers
Old Jun 12th 2004, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

We do not live in Aus, plan to move to Melbourne. Hubby works for an Investment Bank.

Cheers
Are those number in AUD?
Old Jun 12th 2004, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by sembonor
Are those number in AUD?
Yes , in AUD

Rina
Old Jun 13th 2004, 12:19 am
ABCDiamond

Hi all,

Regards
Rina
I assume you have guessed at these figures and are wanting us to assist to give a closer idea to what things will actually be ?

Old Jun 13th 2004, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I assume you have guessed at these figures and are wanting us to assist to give a closer idea to what things will actually be ?

I have just guessed my figures and the estimates are on the higher side. I also gathered information posted in other threads which have been very helpful. If there are some glaring errors in my estimates, could you point them out? Thanks so much!

Regards
Rina
Old Jun 13th 2004, 9:59 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

I have just guessed my figures and the estimates are on the higher side. I also gathered information posted in other threads which have been very helpful. If there are some glaring errors in my estimates, could you point them out? Thanks so much!

Regards
Rina
Looks like a very useful document! A few comments/questions:

- Cost of haircut - you need to budget more (as an example, a cut at Toni & Guy in Melbourne a few weeks ago cost me $80). Assume UK salon prices - YIKES!

- What is 'Property Tax'? Why is it different from Council Rates?

- Can't you get a cable TV/internet combined package, thus saving money?

- What about House Insurance (for contents)?

- phone calls: I've budgeted $10/month for a GPS international phone calls card, which will allow us to call, for example, the UK for 0.015c/min. FYI, calls to India are a little more - from .237c to .123c/min. Still seems a cheap way of having a good natter with the family etc, though!

Good luck with your move!

Anya.
Old Jun 13th 2004, 10:28 am
oozie04

Hi all,

Regards
Rina
Hello Rinali,

Sent you a PM.

Regards

ozzie04

Old Jun 13th 2004, 11:08 am
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by anya4oz
- Cost of haircut - you need to budget more (as an example, a cut at Toni & Guy in Melbourne a few weeks ago cost me $80). Assume UK salon prices - YIKES!
As others have remarked from time to time, T&G is a lot more expensive than other salons. Yes it's still good value for money, but it is surely possible to get moderately-priced haircuts (and not get laughed at in the street). A forum search should throw some answers up (come to think of it, that's probably what Rinali did in the first place!)

Optus certainly do combined TV/phone/internet. Dunno about Telstra.
Old Jun 13th 2004, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by anya4oz
Looks like a very useful document! A few comments/questions:

- What is 'Property Tax'? Why is it different from Council Rates?

- What about House Insurance (for contents)?

- phone calls: I've budgeted $10/month for a GPS international phone calls card, which will allow us to call, for example, the UK for 0.015c/min. FYI, calls to India are a little more - from .237c to .123c/min. Still seems a cheap way of having a good natter with the family etc, though!

Good luck with your move!
Anya.

Hi Anya,
Thanks for your response. Yikes ......80 bucks to chop hair!. Is that a fancy salon you went to ? Or is that the normal price you pay for a cut?
I pay $20 in a salon out here, and this includes hair wash, blow dry and cut (not a fancy cut, just a blunt).
As regards phones - has anyone tried Net to Phone? A lot of friends swear by it, and they talk to their family every day!! Some of my estimates are on the high side - at least I am hoping they are!.

By the way if any one wants the document in Excel, please PM me. It is much easier to crunch numbers using the spreadsheet!.

Is eating out expensive in Melbourne?? How much would a meal for 2 cost for a decent meal?

Ciao
Rina

Last edited by Rinali; Jun 13th 2004 at 12:24 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2004, 1:12 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Hi Anya,
Thanks for your response. Yikes ......80 bucks to chop hair!. Is that a fancy salon you went to ? Or is that the normal price you pay for a cut?
I pay $20 in a salon out here, and this includes hair wash, blow dry and cut (not a fancy cut, just a blunt).
As regards phones - has anyone tried Net to Phone? A lot of friends swear by it, and they talk to their family every day!! Some of my estimates are on the high side - at least I am hoping they are!.

By the way if any one wants the document in Excel, please PM me. It is much easier to crunch numbers using the spreadsheet!.

Is eating out expensive in Melbourne?? How much would a meal for 2 cost for a decent meal?

Ciao
Rina
I agree haircuts seem expensive. All the salons I checked out in S Yarra were charging 70-90 for haircuts! Mind you, S Yarra is not the cheapest area in Melbourne.

For comparison, here in UK I pay £38 every 6 weeks & color my hair myself, for £5; my girlfriends pay between £85-120 each month for hair cut/color, so I think I'm getting off lightly!

Is eating out expensive in Melbourne? Yes, I think so - just had a quick look at my Amex bill for our visit last month. Our 2 meals out were:

Cosi - very nice Italian place in S Yarra: 3 course meal for 2, cocktails to start & bottle of wine with meal = $175!! (73 quid - YIKES!!!)

Zapatas - Mexican in Williamstown: $60, for 2 mains, 1 salad, 1 dessert, & drinks (1 glass wine, 1 mineral water)

We also had an Indian takeout (mostly veggie items) one night which ISTR was about $50.

These are more like UK prices, which of course is fine if one is earning ££s, but I will no doubt feel differently when I'm earning $$s

Never mind - the quality of food is fabulous in Melbourne, much better than UK. We have almost stopped eating out here in Cambridge, because it's so hard to find decent food/value for money.

Hope your move goes well & see you in Melbourne!
Cheers,
Anya.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.