Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cost of living between Oz v NZ........

Cost of living between Oz v NZ........

Old Jan 15th 2005, 9:26 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold
Default Cost of living between Oz v NZ........

Can any one compare the cost of living differences between Oz and NZ. I know the wages are higher in Oz, but is the cost of living that much different to NZ. We are in the process of leaving NZ because of the low wage and the high cost of living. Just wondering as i have seen a job advert for my trade and the difference seems to be considerable.
Old Jan 16th 2005, 4:24 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of living between Oz v NZ........

Originally Posted by Lenmil
Can any one compare the cost of living differences between Oz and NZ. I know the wages are higher in Oz, but is the cost of living that much different to NZ. We are in the process of leaving NZ because of the low wage and the high cost of living. Just wondering as i have seen a job advert for my trade and the difference seems to be considerable.
The anecdotal evidence is that Australia's standard of living is about 20-30% higher than that of New Zealand.

Jeremy
Old Jan 16th 2005, 8:42 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cost of living between Oz v NZ........

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
20-30% higher in money terms only..............but Kiwis do not talk like Kath and Kim........

I thankyou
Aussie vowels: a e i o u
Kewe vewils: u a e i o

Kiwi-Speak