Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cost of in-ground swimming pools???

Cost of in-ground swimming pools???

Old Jan 19th 2005, 3:30 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough
Default Cost of in-ground swimming pools???

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me roughly how much it costs to have an inground swimming pool installed - including the excavation, fencing etc?

We have been looking at houses and note that less than half have swimming pools - so were wondering the costs of installing an in-ground pool.

We don't want anything too big or fancy - just your average pool!

Cheers

Shell
Old Jan 19th 2005, 3:47 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cost of in-ground swimming pools???

Originally Posted by shecha
Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me roughly how much it costs to have an inground swimming pool installed - including the excavation, fencing etc?

We have been looking at houses and note that less than half have swimming pools - so were wondering the costs of installing an in-ground pool.

We don't want anything too big or fancy - just your average pool!

Cheers

Shell
i too would be really interested to know this ...
Old Jan 19th 2005, 4:07 pm
Living the Dream

RockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by stephenwhite68
i too would be really interested to know this ...
I would like to have a pool but wonder if the costs of running it are to expensive, so could anyone add to the cost of building it and then the running costs involved.

Cheers

Wild
Old Jan 19th 2005, 4:47 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RockHopper
I would like to have a pool but wonder if the costs of running it are to expensive, so could anyone add to the cost of building it and then the running costs involved.

Cheers

Wild

Try this thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=swimming+pool
Old Jan 19th 2005, 4:48 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Or more specifically :

concrete pool with white quartzon finish,free solar heating fitted on roof.
used lazaway,wouldnt recommend them really,as their contractors didnt all turn up on time,which made it run 20 days longer.probably same as any other pool builders that also uses contractors for differant segments of the job.
but very please with end finish.
$20,000 quoted for 8mtr x 3.5mtr,1mtr beach area,bench at deep end,2x inlet pipes,1.2mdepth to 2mdepth.went up by $500 for dumping excess soil,
maintenance...well,its all part of being a pool owner.
concrete..pros-covered by compulsory 6.5yrs insurance(if builder goes down the pan,fault are are covered...cons-more expensive,you only see end product at end of job(feeling lucky punk??)
fibre glass..pros-see end product before it goes in..cheaper.cons....2ys? warantee,but if pool cracks -and makers disapear-problems....pools are transported on its edge,on back of tailer-so that could be 3mtr + trailer height-now if you try taking that down a road with low power cables(like my street)cost $250 per cable to be teporarily moved by electrick board-could end up more costly than the concete type.
landscaping...diy
Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:41 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

We are getting one put in - Crystite ceramic fibreglass 11.8m x 4.2m (which is a BLOODY big pool, too big for most suburban backyards, av backyard pool would be 7.5-8.5m), 20 year guarantee, including top line filter, pool cleaner, lights & solar heating = $31,200

that doesnt include landscaping (3 rows of bullnose pavers around the pool only) or fencing.

I know of someone else who got a 7.5m pool for $16k, & one who paid $19k 2 years ago, so costs do vary dramatically.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:49 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by RockHopper

Cheers

Wild
You said you were hoping to go to Canberra.
In Canberra it would be too cold most of the year to use it.

Old Jan 19th 2005, 10:19 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
We are getting one put in - Crystite ceramic fibreglass 11.8m x 4.2m

Jeez...are you going to keep the boat berthed in it??
Old Jan 19th 2005, 10:25 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Cheers everyone, thanks for all your help.

I'm not gonna be too worried about buying a house with a pool already in if they only cost around $20,000 to be installed new. That's a good price.

Shell
Old Jan 19th 2005, 10:29 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by shecha
Cheers everyone, thanks for all your help.

I'm not gonna be too worried about buying a house with a pool already in if they only cost around $20,000 to be installed new. That's a good price.

Shell

Yep, IMO they're quite a good investment. Partners brother got one, with integral spa last winter, with landscaping and everything that was only about $26k. Just important to keep up with them, we were lazy over Christmas and it cost $80 in pool chemicals last week to bring it back up to scratch (rather than about $20 a fortnight!)
Old Jan 19th 2005, 10:41 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayr
Jeez...are you going to keep the boat berthed in it??
Well its big enough for our current boat ........ just!
Old Jan 19th 2005, 11:40 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

If you keep on top of your salt pool should cost you about $1 a day, thats chemicals, pump running etc.

Now pool cost can differ like car costs. I built my own, brick with vynil liner with pumps etc for $3500. Start from there and go up to $30,000
Old Jan 20th 2005, 12:28 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Siren
I built my own, brick with vynil liner with pumps etc for $3500.
If you are ever over this way, and feel like demonstrating the entire process, look us up

Old Jan 20th 2005, 12:35 am
owieb

Other option is to go for an above ground pool and just drop it in the hole!

This is what we went for in the end as we are very limited on space. Due to building regulations (in Perth) the pool has to be the same distance from any boundaries as it is deep.

By getting an above ground pool we could get away with a much bigger pool by having a bit of it sticking out of the ground.

We were quoted around $12K for a smaller concrete pool. The above ground one worked out at about $4K including pump, filter etc.

Gave us spare cash to put in a nice glass panel fence rather than metal bars!

Old Jan 20th 2005, 1:11 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by owieb
Other option is to go for an above ground pool and just drop it in the hole!

This is what we went for in the end as we are very limited on space. Due to building regulations (in Perth) the pool has to be the same distance from any boundaries as it is deep.

By getting an above ground pool we could get away with a much bigger pool by having a bit of it sticking out of the ground.

We were quoted around $12K for a smaller concrete pool. The above ground one worked out at about $4K including pump, filter etc.

Gave us spare cash to put in a nice glass panel fence rather than metal bars!

Nice work. It can't be the same here then. Our pool most be 2m deep in the middle, and I'd think it would be pushing 1.5m from the boundary.... then again, I could be wrong, it could be 1.8m deep and 1.8m from the boundary, never was very good with estimating, just know its deeper than I am tall!!

I like the ideas of the glass panels, they do look a lot nicer... I also like the idea of a 40ft yacht, a villa in Spain and an AM Vanquish of my own too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.