Reload this Page >

Cost of flights to NZ via USA

Wikiposts

Cost of flights to NZ via USA

Old Oct 26th 2003, 8:37 pm
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cost of flights to NZ via USA

Sorry for repeating an age old question, but I couldn't find anything on the search which specifically answered this:

Does anybody know what kind of price I'd be looking at for price to NZ via USA around july/august? (For one way economy adult)

I'm looking for the cheapest possible fare - are they comparable with the cheapest possible fares via Asia?

Any idea when the best time to book to get the best fares is?

I know a travel agent could answer this, but I don't think airlines have released their cheapest fares for next summer yet.

Thanks all....

Last edited by jandjuk; Oct 26th 2003 at 10:11 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2003, 6:01 am
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

I know this is a tired question (but a search yield no useful answers), but can anyone in NZ advise what a best price airfare from UK via USA to NZ airfare would cost?

(preferably via San Francisco?)

And what's the cheapest fare you've ever got to get downunder (either via Asia or USA)?

Thanks
Old Oct 28th 2003, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

WheelsOfSteel is on a distinguished road

We went one way via LA with Air NZ. Booked it with the ANZ office at the NZ immigration in London. Cost us about 600oddGBP which was very reasnable...
Old Oct 28th 2003, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jandjuk
I know this is a tired question (but a search yield no useful answers), but can anyone in NZ advise what a best price airfare from UK via USA to NZ airfare would cost?

(preferably via San Francisco?)

And what's the cheapest fare you've ever got to get downunder (either via Asia or USA)?

Thanks

I enquired about a one way at the end of Jan 2004 and that was £505 with Air NZ, this is the standard fare though sometimes flight centre bring out specials. This was via LA, I don't know who flys via San Fran, probably one of the american airlines.

Cheapest fare I have ever had to NZ was £519 and that was return from London with United in 2002, pity they don't fly there anymore! Most expsensive flight £1950 return with BA - bit of useless info for you!

One word of advice is that if you find a fare published anywhere call Flight Centre because they have a match or beat policy and I did this when I booked a flight last week, Flight Centre quoted me £990 return to Auckland with Singapore and then I went on the SAL website and the same flight was £880 so I called back the nice chap at Flight Centre and he reduced it to £875 (this was travelling on Jan 2nd so don't be concerned about the high price)
Old Oct 28th 2003, 8:28 pm
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

great - thanks!

I knew you could get some pretty cheap deals via asia, but all the via USA prices seemed more expensive (though I was looking on the web).

Good to know there are some good prices via USA out there.
Old Oct 28th 2003, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Ben.M is an unknown quantity at this point

I just booked a one-way Heathrow to Auckland with AirNZ via LA at the end of Nov for £419 at expedia.co.uk. I think there are some slightly cheaper flights via the East with Cathay Pacific but the extra baggage allowance via the US was the deciding factor for me.

Ben