Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cost of Flights back to the UK?

Cost of Flights back to the UK?

Old Sep 15th 2005, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

SarahJane is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Cost of Flights back to the UK?

Hello

I am about to book my flight out to Oz! I was going to buy a one way ticket out to Sydney! However, as I plan to return to the UK at some stage next year to visit I am wondering whether i should book a return instead? Would that be cheaper in the long run as I hear it can be expensive to buy tickets ex Sydney to come back to the UK?

I know eventually I'll have to dothis but just wondered whether I should make the most of some of the good deals on return flights ex London at the moment?

Does anyone have any experience of this???

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 15th 2005, 6:06 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of Flights back to the UK?

Originally Posted by SarahJane
Hello

I am about to book my flight out to Oz! I was going to buy a one way ticket out to Sydney! However, as I plan to return to the UK at some stage next year to visit I am wondering whether i should book a return instead? Would that be cheaper in the long run as I hear it can be expensive to buy tickets ex Sydney to come back to the UK?

I know eventually I'll have to dothis but just wondered whether I should make the most of some of the good deals on return flights ex London at the moment?

Does anyone have any experience of this???

Thanks in advance
It is generally cheaper to book return flights than 2 one way flights. However, you have to check the conditions of the fare on the return to ensure that it is an openended return date. Many airlines will tend to charge the full fare rather than any discounted sale price they may have. Also most flights have to be used within 12 months. Just words to the wise and check what your getting
Old Sep 15th 2005, 7:21 pm
Laura & Nick

ljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cost of Flights back to the UK?

Try this...

£499 & up -- Early-Bird Deal to Australia (Return inc Tax)
http://www.travelzoo.co.uk/Top20.ashx?id=201206197
Source: Airline Network