Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

cost of excess baggage please

cost of excess baggage please

Old Jun 13th 2006, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

katiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura about
Default cost of excess baggage please

Hi
Can any one give me a rough guide as to how much the airlines charge per kilo for excess baggage. I am sure some of you have been caught for this, I am just trying to work out if its worth while for the stuff I want to take!!
Thanks K
Old Jun 13th 2006, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: cost of excess baggage please

Originally Posted by katiesel
Hi
Can any one give me a rough guide as to how much the airlines charge per kilo for excess baggage. I am sure some of you have been caught for this, I am just trying to work out if its worth while for the stuff I want to take!!
Thanks K
The link below is for a excess baggage company located in heatrow airport and is cheaper than the airline, takes around 2 weeks to arrive.

http://www.excess-baggage.com/
Old Jun 13th 2006, 1:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tabby
The link below is for a excess baggage company located in heatrow airport and is cheaper than the airline, takes around 2 weeks to arrive.

http://www.excess-baggage.com/
Much much cheaper than paying the airline. I used them when I emigrated - you can take the excess with you to the airport and book it in with them the same day you fly.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:00 am
UK Bound

keep smiling is a jewel in the roughkeep smiling is a jewel in the roughkeep smiling is a jewel in the roughkeep smiling is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Much much cheaper than paying the airline. I used them when I emigrated - you can take the excess with you to the airport and book it in with them the same day you fly.
Hi, That´s good news, but could you just tell me roughly how much it will be for 2 suitcases (around 30 kilos each, so quite big). I looked at the Excess site, but you have to fill in a long form with info I don´t know yet ! Just a rough idea would be good at the moment - thanks.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by keep smiling
Hi, That´s good news, but could you just tell me roughly how much it will be for 2 suitcases (around 30 kilos each, so quite big). I looked at the Excess site, but you have to fill in a long form with info I don´t know yet ! Just a rough idea would be good at the moment - thanks.
Can't rember cost , but I phoned before hand (heathrow) and they told me cost per kilo !
Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keep smiling
I can tell you that Singapore Airlines charge £30 per kilo :scared: Don't know about any other airlines though
Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
I can tell you that Singapore Airlines charge £30 per kilo :scared: Don't know about any other airlines though
Thats about par for the course wuith airlines.
The stuff I sent with Excess Baggage, I only decided the night before to use them, so I rang the office at Heathrow and they gave me a price over the phone - it was nearly 3 years ago, so sorry, I don't remember it now.