Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The cost of 'E's.

The cost of 'E's.

Old Nov 15th 2004, 12:29 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default The cost of 'E's.

Following on from the discussion the other day on the cost of 'E's.

Here is an interesting item in the news:

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...55E421,00.html

This is an interesting statement from the article:

"If you have a seizure this big that's been caught, I would think these sorts of huge amounts of substances would be coming in fairly regularly," he said."

Party Time :scared:

G
Old Nov 15th 2004, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The cost of 'E's.

Originally Posted by Grayling

"If you have a seizure this big that's been caught, I would think these sorts of huge amounts of substances would be coming in fairly regularly," he said."

G
Scary ... the music will be terrible
Old Nov 15th 2004, 11:44 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

G

Currently there is loads of very high quality heroin in Perth. My pal, a professor in drugs education told me.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 1:02 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

G
Yes, sadly, there's stacks of the stuff everywhere, it seems. I couldn't believe how much of it there was (along with cocaine) being used quite openly round the City of London when I was working there. Am about to start work in the Melbourne CBD, so will report later on how it compares to the UK drugwise.

Luckily, my own personal 'poison' is the Vodka - perfectly legal and very easy to get hold of, thank God!

Anya.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 7:59 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Currently there is loads of very high quality heroin in Perth. My pal, a professor in drugs education told me.
Drugs are only smuggled in because there is a market for them.

If all the yougsters in Australia are out doing 'healthy,outdoorsy things' as I am led to believe.

Who is taking all these drugs?

G
Old Nov 16th 2004, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

If all the yougsters in Australia are out doing 'healthy,outdoorsy things' as I am led to believe.

G
Skippy, the *Bush* Kangaroo is fond of a smoke now and then, so I believe...
Old Nov 16th 2004, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

G
I just read on another thread that Sophie Anderton & Brian Harvey are going to Australia to film the next series of "I'm a Celebrity". So there's your answer!!!!
Old Nov 16th 2004, 8:26 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Skippy, the *Bush* Kangaroo is fond of a smoke now and then, so I believe...
No wonder I couldn't understand anything he said.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 11:32 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

G
I only partially agree with this point of view.

Currently North Korea is creating markets in Australia for their state sponsored heroin and methamphetamine.

The more heroin and the cheaper it is, the more people are going to end up using it.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 2:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Ive never been able to work out why people overseas think australia has less drugs or is drug free, totally stuffed.

Ask any aussie in London about the drugs back home, most will tell you. Grew up here even then everyone smoked (pot) a lot of it home grown, it might surprise some just how acceptable it is here. Most kids know how to get what they want if they want it by end of highschool. 50% of aussies smoke the weed, no idea how many take stronger stuff, but one in 5 drivers is supposed to be under the infuluence of drugs. Imports of drugs are coming in for a reason, people use them, and if big a big import gets stopped the old "home factories' go into over production and you end up with a heap of dead people a few weeks later.

Drugs in Australia are as common as barbeques.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 3:09 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Someone I know works as a 'tradey' with lots of 'youngsters'(16-22 mostly). He tells me all they constantly talk about (in breaks etc) is what kind of drugs they tried on the weekend, and will try again etc etc etc. He literally said they constantly and nearly only talk about drugs!

I did year 8 and 9 here in WA (95/96). Back then there was a lot of dope smoking going on (like 75% of the class...).
Still is now.
Most of have grown out of it now though
One (male) friend, of 21 yo still smokes occasionally, but I'm not to worried about that, it's not a regular thing.

One of my exclassmates is rumoured to have an expensive cocaine addiction, but I personally think that is just a rumour.

Haven't noticed any drug taking here myself, though I'm not actually someone who's very observant of what's going on around me!!
I have noticed plenty of needle boxes in various toilets around the place(trainstation, mall in CBD, Subiaco etc etc)
Old Nov 17th 2004, 3:26 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Grew up here even then everyone smoked (pot) a lot of it home grown, it might surprise some just how acceptable it is here. Most kids know how to get what they want if they want it by end of highschool. 50% of aussies smoke the weed, .
Yep, as said above, that's my experience as well.

I know a few/lot(?) of the parents grew themselves.
I remember one 'joke' was that someone's weed plant was stolen, but they couldn't really go and report it, hey?

Oh, and it 'my' case it was beginning of high school!! Though didn't realise so many of my classmates smoked/had tried it till just before I left, halfway year 9.
I think I left just in time, before maybe being sucked in my peer pressure(not by my good friends, but maybe some of the others I hung out with sometimes..)
In Holland I used the excuse that I'd already tried it in Oz, to get out of the peer pressure!!(this was normal smoking btw) he he. Was still hard though. Had to convince them I smoked in Oz, and had now given up, whereas I didn't know much about smoking at all, so I wonder if I came across ligit... Still worked though. I'm glad I never started, cos I have quite and addictive personality I think (that's why I'm on here, when I'm supposed to be working... right off I go..)
Old Nov 17th 2004, 3:58 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Sadly, drug taking isn't new, either. My dad, now in his 80s, is always telling me that he & his mates used to smoke dope at Art School when he was about 14. (Mind you, *Art* School....!!)

They also did naughty things with girls, too! Shock horror! :scared:

Anya.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 5:07 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by jad n rich
, but one in 5 drivers is supposed to be under the infuluence of drugs.
The actual newspaper quote was
“One in five drivers under the age of 25 (19 per cent) has driven after taking recreational drugs"

Old Nov 17th 2004, 5:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
The actual newspaper quote was
Actual quote from the article I read: One in five young men admit they are '"ripped" on marijuana, speed, cocaine or ecstasy when they get behind the wheel of a car.

Young was defined as men aged 18-34.

Wonder how many didnt admit it

Anyway the good news is 86% of queenslanders agree there should be random drug testing and NSW plans to introduce drug testing next year with a saliva test, lets hope all other states follow soon. That would make the roads a lot safer than the police spending their time hiding behind wheelie bins booking those doing 3klm an hour over the limit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.