Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cost of CTP insurance to come down in QLD

Cost of CTP insurance to come down in QLD

Old May 25th 2005, 6:43 am
ABCDiamond

Default Cost of CTP insurance to come down in QLD

From July 1st 2005 the price of the compulsory CTP insurance for motorists, in QUEENSLAND, will drop. The maximum price will drop from $357.00 to $321.20 per year, and one of the panel insurers will charge only $303.20

My last post regarding insurance in Australia was about NSW almost doubling the cost of duty on Insurance !!

It's good to see them coming down here.

Old May 25th 2005, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

MarkandJulie will become famous soon enoughMarkandJulie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cost of CTP insurance to come down in QLD

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
From July 1st 2005 the price of the compulsory CTP insurance for motorists, in QUEENSLAND, will drop. The maximum price will drop from $357.00 to $321.20 per year, and one of the panel insurers will charge only $303.20

My last post regarding insurance in Australia was about NSW almost doubling the cost of duty on Insurance !!

It's good to see them coming down here.
ABC,

I didn't really understand the CTP thing when we bought our car shortly after arriving. Rego is due for renewal soon. Is CTP set at a blanket price or can you shop around?

Thanks
Old May 25th 2005, 8:10 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkandJulie
ABC,

I didn't really understand the CTP thing when we bought our car shortly after arriving. Rego is due for renewal soon. Is CTP set at a blanket price or can you shop around?

Thanks
Yes, you can. Insurers offer competitive rates to get your business, but being a sceptic when it comes to insurance and government promises, give with one hand and take with the other. You can nominate the insurer of your choice when it comes to rego renewal time on the rego form.
Old May 25th 2005, 8:48 am
ABCDiamond

ABC,

Thanks
When you renew the rego you tell the QLD Motor Transport which insurer you want, they can be slightly different in price, but the Government puts a cap on what they can charge. It looks like this year they will vary between $303.20 and $311.20.

For renewals between 30 June 2005 and 29 September 2005 (inclusive)

AAMI: $ 303.20
NRMA Insurance: $ 305.20
QBE: $ 307.10
SUNCORP: $ 307.20
ALLIANZ: $ 311.20
RACQ Insurance: $ 311.20

This info from http://www.maic.qld.gov.au/ctp-premi...lculator.shtml

Old May 25th 2005, 8:52 am
ABCDiamond

I didn't really understand the CTP thing when we bought our car shortly after arriving.
Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Insurance is the only form of insurance that is compulsory.
It is paid each year along with the vehicle registration fee.
CTP protects you against any claims that could arise because of death or injury to other people caused by the negligence of anyone driving your car.
It does NOT cover the driver of your car or damage to vehicles or property.

cut and pasted from link