Cost comparing?

Old Jan 13th 2010, 10:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost comparing?

Originally Posted by jad n rich
: but we stayed in harpenden,
Bugger, wish I'd known, you could have gone to say hi to my friends and family and also give a hug to my favourite butcher in the world I love to death.

Ah well, next time
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:01 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pozz
Hi again

Are there anythings which are particularly more expensive/cheaper than the UK?

ie... groceries, insurance, council tax, fuel etc etc

Id just like to see what costs have been a pleasant surprise or shock when you have moved.

5 years in and I couldn't give a monkey's, stopped doing the compare thing after about 6 months.

I can heartily recommend it.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
5 years in and I couldn't give a monkey's, stopped doing the compare thing after about 6 months.

I can heartily recommend it.
Kind of agree. May be it's a question just for people not long arrived. I honestly can't remember being shocked or surprised. I do remember making a huge concerted effort not to compare or think 'ooh what's that in pounds'. It's hard work and pointless but I do admit to doing it sometimes if it was in Aus's favour and I was trying to talk the husband in to going for it I got the Robbie Williams tickets that way - blimey hon, look how cheap they are in pounds!!!!!!!
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:09 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Kind of agree. May be it's a question just for people not long arrived. I honestly can't remember being shocked or surprised. I do remember making a huge concerted effort not to compare or think 'ooh what's that in pounds'. It's hard work and pointless but I do admit to doing it sometimes if it was in Aus's favour and I was trying to talk the husband in to going for it I got the Robbie Williams tickets that way - blimey hon, look how cheap they are in pounds!!!!!!!
Whatever works for you

I am a Grates/Angels groupie at the moment and have tickets for AC/DC and this Easter's Byron Bay Bluesfest.

Bluesfest cost no object, it's Peter Green, in Australia ... THE Peter Green ... <drifts off into blokey bluesy fantasy>
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:11 am
Ozbound

Ista will become famous soon enoughIsta will become famous soon enough

It's hard work and pointless but I do admit to doing it sometimes if it was in Aus's favour and I was trying to talk the husband in to going for it I got the Robbie Williams tickets that way - blimey hon, look how cheap they are in pounds!!!!!!!
Haha good trick, I'll remember this one!
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Whatever works for you

I am a Grates/Angels groupie at the moment and have tickets for AC/DC and this Easter's Byron Bay Bluesfest.

Bluesfest cost no object, it's Peter Green, in Australia ... THE Peter Green ... <drifts off into blokey bluesy fantasy>
I would have jumped at the chance of getting down to that but Christmas ended up costing us more than it would normally and I just couldn't justify it to myself, let alone him outdoors.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:14 am
Mostly Harmless

I would have jumped at the chance of getting down to that but Christmas ended up costing us more than it would normally and I just couldn't justify it to myself, let alone him outdoors.
Just the one day for us, would have loved to have got a full festival ticket and met someone with a decent stash to talk bollards to until the wee hours over a camp fire but that, in fear, is in "The Past" ... at least until divorce, depravity and destitution inevitably ensue ...