Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cost of Child care

Cost of Child care

Old May 1st 2009, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of Child care

Parents who don't work are allocated 24 hrs of care with 100% CCB.
Parents who work over 25 hrs get 50hrs at a given percentage (according to their income)

100% for Family Day Care is $4.62 pr hour

and 100% for a kindy is 3.46 pr hour.

Most child care, FDC or a kindy works out between $6 -8 pr hour so the non working parent will still have to pay the gap betwwen the subsidy and hourly rate (which would work out as more than $4.. per day)

If parents still have hours left over at the end of the week they can actually use them on a weekend evening (with FDC that is) as it's classed as respite!!!!
Old May 1st 2009, 3:12 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg
Parents who don't work are allocated 24 hrs of care with 100% CCB.
Parents who work over 25 hrs get 50hrs at a given percentage (according to their income)
As a childcare worker/Family Day carer, there is no parent with 24 hours allowed, it is 20 hours or 50 hours.

100% for Family Day Care is $4.62 pr hour

and 100% for a kindy is 3.46 pr hour.
100% for Family day care is is as follows....school age = $3.9325, under school age = $4.6265, this is per hour, as far as I'm aware this is the same rate for kindys. The timetable I use to work fees out for parents applies to both!

Most child care, FDC or a kindy works out between $6 -8 pr hour so the non working parent will still have to pay the gap betwwen the subsidy and hourly rate (which would work out as more than $4.. per day)
true

If parents still have hours left over at the end of the week they can actually use them on a weekend evening (with FDC that is) as it's classed as respite!!!!
can be used any evening for respite

Marie
Old May 1st 2009, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
As a childcare worker/Family Day carer, there is no parent with 24 hours allowed, it is 20 hours or 50 hours.

100% for Family day care is is as follows....school age = $3.9325, under school age = $4.6265, this is per hour, as far as I'm aware this is the same rate for kindys. The timetable I use to work fees out for parents applies to both!

true

can be used any evening for respite

Marie

Hi Marie, i too am a Family Day Carer and i used to work for the main scheme on the Gold Coast as a coordinator so i have dealt with Harmony and CCMS many times.

i was giving an answer to a question and all of it is correct, minus a few cent!

I have 3 parents who are out of work and it states clearly that they have 24 hrs.................

It is not the same rate for kindys, the government gives more subsidy to FDC!...

and i was talking about under school age children price bracket because that was the question at the start of the thread!

Read your paper work properly and you'll see!

Last edited by sammyg; May 1st 2009 at 3:44 am.
Old May 1st 2009, 4:05 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know what the hell "read your paperwork properly and you'll see" is in aim of. I do read my paperwork and I do know what I'm doing.

as for the hours thing....I didn't say you were worng, what I said was I do not have any parents with 24 hours, it's either 20 or 50

Also, I didn't see any specific age group mentioned, which is why I mentioned both.