Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

cost of bills in perth/rental all in or not?

cost of bills in perth/rental all in or not?

Old Feb 21st 2010, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

danbradb1987 will become famous soon enoughdanbradb1987 will become famous soon enough
Default cost of bills in perth/rental all in or not?

hi we have been offered a rental in tapping 4 bed, they have said we can have it for 700 all bills included or 525 weekly without bills would we accumilate 175 dollers in bills per week ie elec,gas etc, their will be a famly 6, which do you think is the best option
Old Feb 21st 2010, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

iolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud of
Default Re: cost of bills in perth/rental all in or not?

175 a week sounds a lot.

Is it just gas, electricity and water? Or is there more (like lawnmowing and stuff?)
Old Feb 21st 2010, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iolande
175 a week sounds a lot.

Is it just gas, electricity and water? Or is there more like lawnmowing and stuff?
. . . like beluga caviar . . . ?

Seems extortionate . . . that's $2100 in bills per quarter.

Last edited by spartacus; Feb 21st 2010 at 9:47 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

danbradb1987 will become famous soon enoughdanbradb1987 will become famous soon enough

525 we pay all bills elec water gas rates basic the tv package. 715 it includes all bills including basic package of foxtell, cutting front lawn and phone, what you think is it better to go with 525
Old Feb 21st 2010, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danbradb1987
525 we pay all bills elec water gas rates basic the tv package. 715 it includes all bills including basic package of foxtell, cutting front lawn and phone, what you think is it better to go with 525
I thought it was the responsibility of the landlord to pay council rates? And its $525 against $715 . . . $190 a week? Would you be subscribing to Foxtel anyway?

Last edited by spartacus; Feb 21st 2010 at 9:45 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

i think we would proberly subscribe to foxtel, sos i checked her email again which she sent us with the costing in more detail, yes she has put the rates in, been looking for weeks to get right price and availability, had another one in darlington, but when we looked at it further it was to far out, that was 1000 dollers but got it to 750 inclusive of bills. suppose to be going in march.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i think we would proberly subscribe to foxtel, sos i checked her email again which she sent us with the costing in more detail, yes she has put the rates in, been looking for weeks to get right price and availability, had another one in darlington, but when we looked at it further it was to far out, that was 1000 dollers but got it to 750 inclusive of bills. suppose to be going in march.
I don't know anything about Tapping (live in QLD) but a quick search on realestate.com.au brought up a few rentals, all much less than $525 a week. Perhaps some of the Perth posters could help you out more?

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1266793155
Old Feb 21st 2010, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

i think we would proberly subscribe to foxtel, sos i checked her email again which she sent us with the costing in more detail, yes she has put the rates in.
We subscribe to Foxtel and have the basic package plus Sports and a Lifestyley Type one and we pay $100 a month. Our rates are paid by the landlord, as is the water... I'd be looking for another rental if I was you.

P.S It's dollars
Old Feb 21st 2010, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

yes i am on their email list but they are mostly unfurnished, and we need furnished for up to 6 weeks untill our furniture arrives
Old Feb 21st 2010, 10:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
We subscribe to Foxtel and have the basic package plus Sports and a Lifestyley Type one and we pay $100 a month. Our rates are paid by the landlord, as is the water... I'd be looking for another rental if I was you.

P.S It's dollars
I don't know if that's a QLD thing only though Lou?
Old Feb 21st 2010, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
I don't know if that's a QLD thing only though Lou?
Hmmm... It might be... Where's ABC when you need him!
Old Feb 21st 2010, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

not sure now! myself but the rentals in perth seem quite high for furnished once are things are here then the rental will be alot cheaper, just got to pass tha ielts test again which i have been moaning on about, anyway thanks for getting back to me just need to keep looking maybe abit longer
Old Feb 21st 2010, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

not sure now! myself but the rentals in perth seem quite high for furnished once are things are here then the rental will be alot cheaper, just got to pass tha ielts test again which i have been moaning on about, anyway thanks for getting back to me just need to keep looking maybe abit longer
Are you in Australia now? Are you booking the property just for 6 weeks?

If you're booking it as a "Holiday let" type thing then it will be more expensive than a residential letting that you have for 6 to 12 months.